My 1995 Yukon has been loaded for transport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the equipment sticker. Yes, it's a Z71, has a 3.42 ratio diff, and a G80 Posi-traction. It has the towing package, but no indication of a 3.73 diff ratio.

2v2Jm8aRjxQKds.jpg

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color and condition certainly helped sell the truck. I wanted the barn doors, the rest was gravy. I'd looked at these rather heavily when they were new, but didn't buy.

Now I have. When it arrives, in South Carolina, sometime next week most likely, I'll post more.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
The color and condition certainly helped sell the truck. I wanted the barn doors, the rest was gravy. I'd looked at these rather heavily when they were new, but didn't buy.

Now I have. When it arrives, in South Carolina, sometime next week most likely, I'll post more.

Mine has the barn doors as well, and while I didn't know it when purchased, I also am a fan of the barn doors. I've had the liftgate vehicles and they're OK, but I'm really becoming a fan of the barn door. .

Hope you enjoy your new ride when it gets there! This is my first GM, let alone a Tahoe, and I'm quite pleased with my '00 so far!

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a mixed brand owner. I've had a '75 Blazer full time 4x4 full sized, a '76 Chevy Stepside 4x4 converted from full time to part time (I like the full time better), a couple of Jeep Cherokee wide body 4x4s (one a 360 and one a 401), and a '96 Bronco 5-speed. The F-350 crew cab will be staying in my stable, it's a real work horse, has a class V hitch and good stuff.

My choices based on what I like and what I want at the time. I didn't own all of those at the same time, but they were all interesting in some way.

After I go through the Yukon to check the usual, fluids and function and so forth. Most likely I'll replace the radio/cassette player with a nearly identical Pioneer nav/sat radio unit, nearly dentical to the one I installed in my F-350 pickup. I've come to enjoy sat radio a lot. In dash nav is hard to abandon, too. I reckon I'll acquire one of those pre-modded dash bezels, to make the upgrade easy. The F-350 had an "almost double DIN" bezel which only required a small amount of Dremel work. The unit was a AVIC-W8200NEX. The biggest hassle was joining the wiring harnesses, one for the radio and one that mated to the Ford harness. Once I completed that, the project only required the GPS antennal on top of the dash pad, and the sat receiver antenna outside above the windshield. Running the antenna wire for the sat antenna under the door seal wasn't too hard. The whole thing works well, that's the proof of a successful project after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts