My 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.....

I guess I finally should introduce myself and my truck....

2001 Tahoe LT with autoride. Green with tan leather. 125k One owner with clean car fax and no rust. Mods: 2011 20" polished LTZ wheels with Goodyear Eagle LS tires 275/55/20. 6000K HID lows. clear corners with LED DRL's. Sonar LED tails. Infinity Kappa front door speakers. Factory Subwoofer. Prestige remote start. Front windows 20% tint front windshield 45% tint.

I bought her less than 1 month ago. Traded my 2001 4runner with 89k. Figured if I was gonna get 13mpg, might as well be comfortable doing it :lol:

when I first got her:

8062ce99.jpg

after tint, still fugly silverado chrome 17's:

6f86be75.jpg

after rims, LED tails and clear corners: (done today 3/8/12)

5e8236c1.jpg

deb8588c.jpg

Soon to be done: BB tune :D and possibly new auto ride suspension. (I think its fine no leaks at all but I like a crisp ride)

Thanks for looking!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice improvements so far...you wil know when that autoride acts up cuz your compressor will be kickin in alot. I just replaced my rear shocks and compressor so holler if you have any ???'s:Handshake:

OP
OP
CEN2MENTAL95

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Nice improvements so far...you wil know when that autoride acts up cuz your compressor will be kickin in alot. I just replaced my rear shocks and compressor so holler if you have any ???'s:Handshake:

Actually yeah I have a couple ??s....

I notice two of the shocks are orange and two are white....No leaks, and I don't honestly know if the compressor kicks on or not. I hear a whine when the truck remote starts in the early morning from being left overnight for a couple secs.

I just want a comfortable suspension. If I have to shell out $800 for a arnott oem replacement suspension setup so be it. They appear to be Bilsteins?? Or should I change over to just plain old Bilsteins? I can't deal with a bone jarring ride and no drop for me here. It's amazing how improved the 20" tires made the ride.

tahoeyahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.....

I guess I finally should introduce myself and my truck....

2001 Tahoe LT with autoride. Green with tan leather. 125k One owner with clean car fax and no rust. Mods: 2011 20" polished LTZ wheels with Goodyear Eagle LS tires 275/55/20. 6000K HID lows. clear corners with LED DRL's. Sonar LED tails. Infinity Kappa front door speakers. Factory Subwoofer. Prestige remote start. Front windows 20% tint front windshield 45% tint.

I bought her less than 1 month ago. Traded my 2001 4runner with 89k. Figured if I was gonna get 13mpg, might as well be comfortable doing it :lol:

when I first got her:

View attachment 126922

after tint, still fugly silverado chrome 17's:

View attachment 126923

after rims, LED tails and clear corners: (done today 3/8/12)

View attachment 126924

View attachment 126925

Soon to be done: BB tune :D and possibly new auto ride suspension. (I think its fine no leaks at all but I like a crisp ride)

Thanks for looking!

How'd you get the LTZ 20" wheels to fit? I have a 2001 LT (totally stock) and was told the definitely won't fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157