Msd ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99chevy2dr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up Everybody.....

I came from the TF forum.. see alot of the same faces :) Well my questions is how hard is the install of the MSD 6A 6200 on my HOE? Seems pretty easy with the instructions... I recently install the vette servo a couple days ago... and man do I love my HOE more than every... (great improvement):burnout:

Would love any input and insight on what to expect, how hard is the install...
I have every thing i need so far which is MSD wires already installed, coil and 8877 harness...

Thanks in advance!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swap seems pretty straight foward. I'm waiting for my heads to get back from the machine to do mine.

I have MSD 6AL which is overkill but I got it at a steal with the Harness for $110 shiiped to my door. Just mount it, Power, ground, then theres two connectors...I think one is for the Coil and the other the Distributor. Don't hold me to it. I didn't get the coil yet. Just wanna see how much of a difference the box makes then throw in the coil. I'm also using E3 plugs.

Eventually I would love to add wires, and H/O Distributor!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Can't wait for mine! Just to hear and feel the crispness of the Start Up and extra MPG!

OP
OP
99chevy2dr

99chevy2dr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool Thx Guys...

The only problem now is that the ground wire is short... If i added a piece to it, it should be fine right.... wont burn out or anything?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
does anyone have any pics of theres??? im looking to do the same as well as all the other shit on the to do list, just looking for some pics of the installs.. i dont want to mount it on the firewall : /

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any pics of theres??? im looking to do the same as well as all the other shit on the to do list, just looking for some pics of the installs.. i dont want to mount it on the firewall : /

Install is easy with the P&P harness I linked it to ya in another thread.
I mounted mine on the front of my volant air box. Really close ot the battery and I had my zero gauge wire ran along the firewall.

YOU MUST HOOK IT UP TO POWER AND GROUND IN THE BATTERY FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE. WILL POST PICS in my *****/build thread per say.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
alrite cool. i just dont want to mount it on the firewall and for it to look out of place. id rather build and mount it somewhere flat as possible and not as near the engine.. thanks!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atomic? Fender well? I couldn;t do it b/c I have my fuse there and volant box as well there.

Weather its close to the engine or or not doesn't hinders its performance. I mounted it that close Cuz the wires were short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper