MRC Front Shocks Leaking - My Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front shocks are leaking and it rides like a dump truck. Wife refuses to drive it. It currently has a 2.5" / 0" leveling kit on and sits a tad nose high. I want it sit level (no higher than 3" in the front), and ride very smooth as its the her daily. I will tow a Wakesetter occasionally. It'd be nice if it could handle a bit of off-road, nothing too serious. Give me your thoughts and best bang for the buck.

So far I've got:
  1. Dealer fix ~2k.
  2. Bilstein 5100 front struts, 5100 rear shocks ~$1700 +Xineering Kit
  3. Icon Stage 1 System ~$2500 +Xineering Kit
  4. Monroe's as recommended by @TheEngineer +Xineering Kit
  5. Other options??

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rockauto or amazon MIGHT have those oem shock for less than ebay, you can look at the part number on the shock and enter into rockauto to find a matching oem one. rockauto has a very decent cross reference system.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the Bilsteins that expensive? Glad I don't have autorode :)

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rockauto or amazon MIGHT have those oem shock for less than ebay, you can look at the part number on the shock and enter into rockauto to find a matching oem one. rockauto has a very decent cross reference system.

For sure check Amazon. Replaced the front MRC shocks on my wife’s ‘13 ESV and amazon was significantly cheaper than the dealership.

OP
OP
G00se

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure check Amazon. Replaced the front MRC shocks on my wife’s ‘13 ESV and amazon was significantly cheaper than the dealership.

Amazon sells for $750 + roughly $800 in labor so total cost not far off from the other options. I'm assuming Icon is the best option and this is second best. Anyone have experience with Icon?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may be a price difference between the 07-14 and 15+ MRC shocks/struts.

Regardless; Who pays $800 in labor to remove and reinstall factory shocks & struts? There are better options than having a dealership bill you for 8 hrs. of labor for a job that takes 2-3 hrs. max.

Good luck in your decision hopefully you can get exactly what you want and not break the bank.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
G00se

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

How do the ICON 2.0 Aluminum Series Shocks compare to the Bilstein 5100?

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe on fox sells the 2.0 size coilover replacement, icon are 2.5s. I chose King 2.5s over Icons and Fox after my research and quite happy with them. Just depends what your looking for.