Motion sensor constantly setting off alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 XL Denali

Unless I turn off the motion sensor when prompted upon shutting engine off, the alarm will go off not too long after I lock it up.

The Tech 2 also shows that the alarm is triggered by the "Inclination" , no other triggers.

Can this be adjusted or should I just replace the sensor? Can I unplug it for the time being without throwing a code?

This happens regardless of any angle I park on.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PIT5029A

info from GM about that sensor. I just disconnected it. It is on top of the footwell airduct. thermal contraction/expansion can move it. The document says to relocate it on top of the BCM bracket. Image shows top-right side on bracket. No adjustment that I can see.. (Have it on my workbench, might pop it open and see...)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 XL Denali

Unless I turn off the motion sensor when prompted upon shutting engine off, the alarm will go off not too long after I lock it up.

The Tech 2 also shows that the alarm is triggered by the "Inclination" , no other triggers.

Can this be adjusted or should I just replace the sensor? Can I unplug it for the time being without throwing a code?

This happens regardless of any angle I park on.
It could be your neighbor's remote control or something else. Did you install this or did the truck come with it? If it was an early installation the sensor was installed on an AC duct and it should be relocated to the top of the BCM. This is a GM Accessory, 22962507, not a factory installation, and had to be programmed to the truck.

1682494536435.png

This sensor does not have an adjustment on it. The "shock" sensor does. If you have that one, it is taped to the main wiring harness under the dash.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install this or did the truck come with it?
It was on the vehicle when I bought it.

I learned about it when I first used a floor jack on it with the doors locked..lol.

Tech 2 display:

Note, I did have my hood open when I took this pic.

Screenshot_20230426-182953_Gallery.jpg

DIC message when turning key off:

Screenshot_20230426-182908_Gallery.jpg

So I do...:)

Screenshot_20230426-182931_Gallery.jpg

Didn't get a chance today to crawl under the dash, will tey tomorrow.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can re install it anywhere you like as long as it is mounted horizontal level with the frame, do not place it vertical

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was on the vehicle when I bought it.

I learned about it when I first used a floor jack on it with the doors locked..lol.

Tech 2 display:

Note, I did have my hood open when I took this pic.

View attachment 397737

DIC message when turning key off:

View attachment 397738

So I do...:)

View attachment 397739

Didn't get a chance today to crawl under the dash, will tey tomorrow.
Ok, someone previously had at least the inclination (tilt) sensor installed. The hood sensor is factory. Let us know after you check tomorrow.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, I was thinking I had to pull panels down so I put it off due to extensive yardwork and some weather.

Low and behold, it's in plain view.. lol.

Screenshot_20230504-164143_Gallery.jpg

Yes, it is on top of the air duct, I have it removed now and will relocate.

Screenshot_20230504-164234_Gallery.jpg

It seems to have a liquid inside so I agree, temps could easily play a part with thermal dynamics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts