Mother loving oil pressure sensor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man Oh really? Just ran to O’Reilly’s and grab a new one
I think it depends on if you have AFM/DOD if it’s needed. Since you have a new one, there you go. Others should chime in. I’ve never had to replace the sensor on my 08 but if I did, I’d ditch that screen since I don’t have AFM/DOD.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on if you have AFM/DOD if it’s needed. Since you have a new one, there you go. Others should chime in. I’ve never had to replace the sensor on my 08 but if I did, I’d ditch that screen since I don’t have AFM/DOD.
i replaced my sensor once and have AFM delete. Never had issue without screen well over 50k miles ago.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can install new TPMS sensors yourself if you use the trick of laying the tire on it’s side under the receiver hitch and using your jack to break the bead and push down until you have access to the sensor (at the valve stem) on the inside of the tire. Then it’s just a matter of removing and installing the valve stem/ sensor, filling the tire and then do a relearn. There’s $10-15 TPMS relearn tools on Amazon or EBay that work good. I use ACDelco OEM sensors myself, I trust them to last.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can install new TPMS sensors yourself if you use the trick of laying the tire on it’s side under the receiver hitch and using your jack to break the bead and push down until you have access to the sensor (at the valve stem) on the inside of the tire. Then it’s just a matter of removing and installing the valve stem/ sensor, filling the tire and then do a relearn. There’s $10-15 TPMS relearn tools on Amazon or EBay that work good. I use ACDelco OEM sensors myself, I trust them to last.
I lay the tire down, lay a 2x6 board on the tire section and just drive onto the board until it breaks the bead.

Reaction score
I just drop the wheel and new sensor off at the mechanic shop 3 blocks from me and they'll install the new sensor for $20. Pick it up later that day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt