Most miles with stock AFM system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I have inferred that sometimes there are lifter failures in spite of a program or a chip; that the only way to be certain to avoid failure is to retrofit. Would that be accurate?

Andy Arnold

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your driving style is what I feel is what helps these AFM lifters survive. I am a minimalist braker, go faster down hill & slower up thus pure hwy I see around 27mpg on my 52 round-trip commute to work in my cammed AFM deleted 2018 Yukon Denali.

My AFM lifter failure was during an under 5sec 0-60mph sprint.
27mpg is impressive.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have inferred that sometimes there are lifter failures in spite of a program or a chip; that the only way to be certain to avoid failure is to retrofit. Would that be accurate?
To be fair, some may be slightly better built or of superior materials / tolerances than others, some owners change their oil a bit more often, some may not realize that their driving uses less V4 mode, some exceed 4875RpM far less often than others ...

But, yes, by definition, disable is better than nothing, but a delete is even better than a disable.
One-mode lifters will statistically tend to outlast two-mode lifters.

stimpster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Yukon XL w/5.3 LC9 flex had to be replaced with a long block at 166k miles. I was smart and did the water pump at that time too.
I have 222k on the vehicle now but I have been using the Range device since the new engine was installed. No oil issues or problems.

DrUncleIvy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my ECM reprogrammed by Brandon at LT1swap.com in 2021. My '12 had 99k miles at the time. Now I’m up to 116k. I didn't notice a difference in how it drives or gas mileage.

winmag45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have just over 200k on my 09 Tahoe and I use the Range device and shes running smooth as ever.

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, gang, I really do appreciate everybody's participation. But what I was really trying to get at was how many miles WITHOUT reprogramming, and WITHOUT retrofitting. I was curious to hear how many miles with OEM equipment, using AFM just like it came from the factory: FACTORY STOCK.

I was wondering if anyone could beat my 114,000 miles using factory stock AFM. As it turns out, many replies have come with folks whose engines have been modified, so that really doesn't count. But there have been many who are NOT modified, and handily beat my 114k.

Who else is FACTORY STOCK and can beat 114,000 while STILL USING the original AFM system just like it came from the factory? FACTORY STOCK? NOT Chipped, NOT programmed, NOT retrofitted.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 246K on my 2009 Tahoe, completely stock. 135K on my 2016 Tahoe, completely stock. I'm planning to do the delete as soon as I get time to get them in the shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24