Monthly payments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve done it but some dealerships I talked to it didn’t match up and everytime I say I did the calculations,they politely tell me it’s just a loan calculator online lol. I know they try to add on a percent for financing but leasing should be a straight number from the leasing company. But I asked for leasing and finance deals and seems like the few dealers I talked to for basically same pricing is different
I have a spreadsheet I made that I can send you that will get you within a few $ when financing. Just plug in purchase price, license $, Tax Rate, trade, amount owed on trade, down $, etc. and then update with your applicable rate and term and it will tell you what you are going to pay.

PM your email and I will send it to you.

dc968

Reaction score
If you guys are paying that much in insurance something is critically wrong.

Having a car payment doesn't mean you are irresponsible. You have to make the debt work for you. If I can get a lower interest rate on the car payment compared to how much investment gains I can get by keeping my capital in my own investment accounts, then it would make more sense to keep my money.

Usually I'm netting about 10 to 20% a year on investments. If my interest on the loan is less than that it makes sense to keep my money and pay the car note.

Money is getting more expensive these days as base interest keeps rising so for some it makes sense to pay it off if they can't make more on their own capital..
Agree that having a payment doesn’t mean you’re irresponsible, but you also can’t bank on 10-20% investment returns going forward. The stock market has been irrational the past 10 years and always reverts to long term norms. Buckle up.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree that having a payment doesn’t mean you’re irresponsible, but you also can’t bank on 10-20% investment returns going forward. The stock market has been irrational the past 10 years and always reverts to long term norms. Buckle up.
Its not all just in the stock market. I average 10 to 12% during the norms.

The irrationality of the market during the pandemic and during the stimulus made me way more.

real estate has always been the name of the game. Even during the downturns its one of the safest bets out there.

The days of cheap money are coming to an end until the next cycle.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what I am wondering right now used car prices seem to be back to reality at least somewhat but if they strike that's not going to help at all
Used car prices here in WI. are still insane. $50K for a 2019 Tahoe with a lemon title.....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used car prices here in WI. are still insane. $50K for a 2019 Tahoe with a lemon title.....
seeing 2020's here for low 40's, 2015-2016's in the low 20's even a number of 2021-2023's are on the market 50-60 up to 90's just depends on the trim and mileage
and these are all rust free vehicles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman