Modded Factory Bumper for Better Clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
just looks good, particularly if done in red powder coat. As you say, I don't know if the stiffeners are functional. I just saw them on a post somewhere on Border Patrol. Been trying to find where to buy ever since.

I have used some other PPV parts on my Tahoe including some functional front brake ducts and Pedders PPV lowered suspension.

Ok yah I see it being used in a pursuit situation because it will help with handling, cant say how much though. Sadly I don't think you will find something like this on the internet. Most of this stuff is custom made. Perfect example is my new bumper because no body makes them so you figure out how to get it done yourself.

If you want something like that done go to a cage builder or a shop that has experience with bending tube. Show them that picture and Im sure they can make it. The front tubes should be tired into the upper coilovers mounts and then I think the rear tubes tie into the chassis.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Yeah for the "prerunner" type driving they do, I think the the struts would definitely need some pretty heavy duty bracing. What kit did you decide to use for the level? I love how that turned out.

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
Yeah for the "prerunner" type driving they do, I think the the struts would definitely need some pretty heavy duty bracing. What kit did you decide to use for the level? I love how that turned out.

But the thing is real prerunners are full tube chassis not frames like stock trucks and suv's have. I hope they don't romp on their Tahoe's out in the desert on the stock frame because its not designed to take that kind of abuse.

Im ordering the kit from CCM... the 2.5inch front and 1inch rear. Seems to be pretty popular.

Also looking at water jetting some wheel spacers. Like only 1/4 inch. But will see...

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
It's a government vehicle I'm sure they get womped on lol

CCM is good. Gonna use them for my Denali too!

1/4" on all 4 corners or just rear?

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
All 4 wheels

On the plus side with these I can save 30 bucks by making them versus buying them from Rough Country.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Just for looks? Wouldn't go much bigger than 1/4" then you start running low on threads....no Bueno.

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
You mean low tread? Yah I have heard some horror stories about spacers haha. Whats yours about the tread?

For looks and for tire rub but that should be sorted out with the leveling kit.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I meant threads in the studs that hold your wheels on. You don't wanna take away too many with the slip in spacers then your lug nit has less to grab.

I'd personally prefer bolt on hubcentric spacers like 1" that way I could at least know they're tight and torqued properly. Thats just me though. I've never seen or had first hand problems with them, it's more hype. Just be careful and you'll be ok, it's not a high powered application!

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
Oh oh I know what you mean...just threw me off at first.

I only have 1/4in of threads to spare anyways. So if i do want more spacing i will have look at making hubcentric ones or buying some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts