Modded Factory Bumper for Better Clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iNFamas

Reaction score
Not sure how many people know of the border patrol Tahoe's and their cut factory bumpers, but I have decided to do the same to mine.

The reason why I like the this over the buying a custom build steel bumper is the more factory look it gives. Plus I think with matching the rights sizes tires with it will make for a nice looking rig. Just my opinion.

6215908877_2f8c9dee78.jpg

Heres mine, just haven't put it on yet because I'm doing a custom skid plate and I am waiting to finish that. If you are wondering, I bought a new unpainted bumper and had a body shop cut and paint it. It was like 800 bucks with the new bumper so not exactly cheap, but keep in mind I went to the crem-dela-crem of all body shops in AZ so I expected the price to be high.

I have plans to later integrate a winch and light bar upfront while also retaining a clean look. Nothing to showy or outrages you know. So more to come.

IMG_1408_zpswocacb4c.jpg

Also after this happened I got my insurance company to write me a $750 check for repairs

IMG_1359_zps6355f3d8.jpg

Neil Layne

Steel Neil
Reaction score
There will be a day my yukon will be a project and I have been looking at this mod trying to see how realistic it was. Keep us updated, very interesting mod because there are not really any good looking bumpers in my opinion.

OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
Well the bumper is done. Just need to finish my skid plate. I get that back from the water jet this Wednesday so by Friday ill have better pics.

Ill update this again when the leveling kit is in.

IMG_1426_zpsgohywiqb.jpg
IMG_1427_zpslqcyfzxm.jpg
IMG_1428_zpsbl3wl2og.jpg

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love the boarder patrol look. Nicely done.

Have you seen the extra supports they install in the engine compartment to eliminate excessive frame flex. Would love to find out where those supports came from.
photo1-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
iNFamas

iNFamas

Reaction score
Well that's a NBS and no I'm not familiar with those. What that looks like is a strut tower. I don't really see something like useful unless you are racing it.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just looks good, particularly if done in red powder coat. As you say, I don't know if the stiffeners are functional. The Tahoe doesn't really have a strut tower, it is more like a coil over. I guess they are trying to keep the front frame arms from twisting I just saw them on a post somewhere on Border Patrol. Been trying to find where to buy ever since.

I have used some other PPV parts on my Tahoe including some functional front brake ducts and Pedders PPV lowered suspension. Always unique stuff on special vehicles.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts