Misfiring and stalling no codes please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some help guys. I have a 2005 hoe with 284xxx miles on it and it's been super reliable however it left me stranded a couple weeks ago. Started shuddering when driveing pulled off on the side of the road and it stalled out. It seemed like a fuel issue and immediately blamed the cheapo fuel pump so replaced it. Got about 8 min down the road from home started missing again and died. Went home and got a fuel pressure guage and was 60psi and will run great but then will eventually miss and die.
-Plugged up all the vacuum ports on the intake to see if it had a vacuum leak, still dies. It's a non return fuel rail so no fuel pressure regulator.
-Swapped maf with my 2000 siverados, still same runs fine then misfire and dies.
-Saw posts about crank position sensors going interment bad. Put a new one in did the crank learn. Still will miss and die.
-Did intake manifold gaskets. Still miss and die.
‐Did upstream o2 sensors as a buddy looked at my log and saw one that seemed to drop off and was slow. Still miss and die.
-Cleaned the ecm ground on the back of passenger head and frame grounds under drivers door. Still miss and dies.
-Put new plugs in. Still will miss and die.

Attached is my log in the zip file from cold start to stall out for someone to see something that I am missing.
20230605_160820.jpg

Attachments

• Stall log.zip
    141.6 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
justin_48

justin_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.
Thanks for the welcome! This is my 05 tahoe that I got 3 ish years ago. Had some work needed when I got it but most of it was cosmetic. Hope to help out the best I can!

Attachments

• 20230524_201413.jpg
    20230524_201413.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
justin_48

justin_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the fuel pressure remain constant when the misfires begin until it stalls? What do the plugs look like?
Yes the fuel pressure remains constant. All the plugs looked like this. Put a new set in gapped at .040 as the old ones where at .053. Didn't improve anything with new plugs.

Attachments

• 20230607_175543.jpg
    20230607_175543.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
justin_48

justin_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the fuel pressure remains constant. All the plugs looked like this. Put a new set in gapped at .040 as the old ones where at .053. Didn't improve anything with new plugs.
Also forgot to mention I pulled the upstream o2s and left them disconnected and started it as people where saying possible plugged cats. Still ran normal for about 2-3 mins then started misfiring and stalled out. Felt a decent amount of exhaust from the o2 bungs and then checked the tail pipe and still felt some exhaust less than normal but I expected that due to the o2s being out. I would have pulled the y pipe but the nuts wouldn't loosen from the manifolds with my 1/2 impact and the breaker bar was at the "gunna snap this stud..." I didn't want to snap them and go through the repair if it didn't improve anything with the o2s out.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably do an injector flow balance test. Does the wide open throttle acceleration, from stopped, feel normal? Does your fuel pressure tester allow for metered release? have you tried operating with out the air filter and verified no obstruction in the intake air system?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any changes if you swap coils around? checked the coil harness? if everything else checks good I would start looking at electrical
sounds like it is ok while cold?
hook up a noid light while it is missing and see what coils/injectors are doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz