Misfire on cylinder 6 after cam and lifter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07yukon19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently just did cam, lifters, push rods, and change the VOLM after a cylinder 6 lifter collapsed tore apart and went back together fine on start up 6 was a constant miss fire swapped coil, wires still no give took valve cover off on start up rockers move for 3 seconds then stop

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently just did cam, lifters, push rods, and change the VOLM after a cylinder 6 lifter collapsed tore apart and went back together fine on start up 6 was a constant miss fire swapped coil, wires still no give took valve cover off on start up rockers move for 3 seconds then stop
Do you mean the rockers on #6 move for 3 seconds and then stop while all others keep moving? If so and assuming you put it all back together with AFM lifters and cam, then I would say you have a problem with either the VLOM or the lifters at the #6 cylinder.

OP
OP

07yukon19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New afm lifters, cam and volm if you turn over by hand the lifters operate. on start up it was cylinder than start and cylinder 6 rockers stop

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New afm lifters, cam and volm if you turn over by hand the lifters operate. on start up it was cylinder than start and cylinder 6 rockers stop
Something is causing the lifters to enter deactivation mode. This is controlled by the VLOM. It's possible that you got a bad VLOM assembly.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe the VLOM has air in it and needs to be purged. Which requires a good romp of the throttle.

OP
OP

07yukon19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I mean anything electrical could be bad out the box but I spent the extra money and got the dorman

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something is causing the lifters to enter deactivation mode. This is controlled by the VLOM. It's possible that you got a bad VLOM assembly.

I mean anything electrical could be bad out the box but I spent the extra money and got the dorman

I would doubt that they would exchange it. They wouldn't even exchange my gaskets that were wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313