Mirror conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Yukon from factory no heated mirrors. But power mirror. Stand size not towing and not power collapsing.
Need to replace someone wacked it off. Can I upgrade the mirror to heated mirror ?? Drivers button console has no provision for heated mirror ie the center button. However I tried changing the push button assy awhile back and bought the button console driver side with the heated mirror option and the new one would drain the battery over night even though it was non heated mirrors. So I had to reinstall old unit and return new unit. So it seems that nothing can be a plug in without reprogramming system.
Anybody firmillyar with this kind of swap????
Douglas.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I thought the mirrors heated when you used rear window defrost.maybe that’s the newer ones.
That's how I understand this also. I have an 03 Tahoe LS that only came with heated and power mirrors. I added the mirrors with the turn signals and powerfold. Everything was plung and play, no bcm programming needed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2006 Yukon from factory no heated mirrors. But power mirror. Stand size not towing and not power collapsing.
Need to replace someone wacked it off. Can I upgrade the mirror to heated mirror ?? Drivers button console has no provision for heated mirror ie the center button. However I tried changing the push button assy awhile back and bought the button console driver side with the heated mirror option and the new one would drain the battery over night even though it was non heated mirrors. So I had to reinstall old unit and return new unit. So it seems that nothing can be a plug in without reprogramming system.
Anybody firmillyar with this kind of swap????
Douglas.
03-06 you can upgrade to power fold, turn signal, heated by changing the mirrors and the drivers door switch for them.
auto-dim requires the auto dim rear view mirror because that is where the sensor is (additional wiring may be needed also, not sure).
00-02 you can add turn signal mirrors but the turn signal function will require running a wire from the bcm to both mirrors

I have not seen any power mirrors that were not also heated, they work when the rear defrost is activated as already noted above

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you and I see the lodgic in this as well. Being your knowledge here do you know why a major battery draw would occur when the wrong drivers door panel window switch assembly is installed just because vehicle doesn’t have heated mirrors installed and happens while vehicle is not running ??? Just curious ?
Thanks Douglas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts