Mirror Controls Won't Adjust Mirrors Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hulk66049

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500. Trying to track down what might be going on with my mirror adjustment controls. I'm able to adjust my mirrors to the left, right, and down, but when I try and adjust the mirrors up, it doesn't do anything. This is happening on both sides of the vehicle, so my assumption has been I have a bad control.

Last week, while trying to track down an issue with my front drivers side door I purchased replacement controls from a local guy who parts these vehicles out. I hooked up the replacement controls, but they're doing the exact same thing still, I can adjust the mirrors left, right, and down, but again, nothing happens when I try and adjust them up.

Thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be, or advice on how to track down where the problem is.

Brian Griffith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500. Trying to track down what might be going on with my mirror adjustment controls. I'm able to adjust my mirrors to the left, right, and down, but when I try and adjust the mirrors up, it doesn't do anything. This is happening on both sides of the vehicle, so my assumption has been I have a bad control.

Last week, while trying to track down an issue with my front drivers side door I purchased replacement controls from a local guy who parts these vehicles out. I hooked up the replacement controls, but they're doing the exact same thing still, I can adjust the mirrors left, right, and down, but again, nothing happens when I try and adjust them up.

Thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be, or advice on how to track down where the problem is.
i have had the same issue with my mirror switch on my 01 XL, and i took out the switch and carefully took it apart and cleaned it and took an eraser to the copper contact . they get gummed up over time. that took care of the problem. i think they don't like not being used, i am the only one who drives the truck so i rarely ever had to adjust the mirrors. hope this helps good luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep