Million $ Interior question(seat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomasaanderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone knows is it possible to swap the first row seat to a bench one? I love those benches but i have no clue is it something which is possible or the floor is completely different after you taking out the center console and you won't be able to fix the bench seat ?:( Thanks a lot

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
M understanding (on 2014 and above at least) was that the driver's stock bucket seat had an airbag in the inboard shoulder that prevented deleting the console in favor of the front center jump seat. I did the swap on a 2013 LT (stock buckets, deleted console, inserted center jumpseat sourced from silverado).

IF someone knows better, please correct me. I tried asking at 2x Ford dealerships incl. one "master" technician, and he said deactivating that airbag was impossible, even with the proper LAN-programming software / tools. Again, this was on the ~2014-2020 generation.

Please let us know if anyone has further info, because I'm banging my head against a wall trying to get a front bench in a high trim (Denali, Premium, etc), and it looks impossible.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
M understanding (on 2014 and above at least) was that the driver's stock bucket seat had an airbag in the inboard shoulder that prevented deleting the console in favor of the front center jump seat. I did the swap on a 2013 LT (stock buckets, deleted console, inserted center jumpseat sourced from silverado).

IF someone knows better, please correct me. I tried asking at 2x Ford dealerships incl. one "master" technician, and he said deactivating that airbag was impossible, even with the proper LAN-programming software / tools. Again, this was on the ~2014-2020 generation.

Please let us know if anyone has further info, because I'm banging my head against a wall trying to get a front bench in a high trim (Denali, Premium, etc), and it looks impossible.
Dealer told me a front bench on the higher trim like the LTZ, Denali, etc has to be custom ordered. so finding one in the wild is going to be rare I searched for a long time myself

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer told me a front bench on the higher trim like the LTZ, Denali, etc has to be custom ordered. so finding one in the wild is going to be rare I searched for a long time myself
Does "custom ordered" mean it's possible? It's not possible through build and price online, and there are many articles in the auto press over the years discussing that the front bench exists only on the base trims (in trucks and SUV's).

I had heard "you might be able to order one" before too, but assumed they were wrong. Let me know if your guy knows how I would go about this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does "custom ordered" mean it's possible? It's not possible through build and price online, and there are many articles in the auto press over the years discussing that the front bench exists only on the base trims (in trucks and SUV's).

I had heard "you might be able to order one" before too, but assumed they were wrong. Let me know if your guy knows how I would go about this.
the Dealership I spoke with is Chase Chevrolet in Stockton, ca. He said the only thing you would not be able to have as a option would be the cooled seats because that requires a center console. (209) 565-1923 they open at 8 pacific time. They have been in business since 1944

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front bench is only available on SLE Trim, no SLT, AT4 or Denali. RPO is AZ3

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the Dealership I spoke with is Chase Chevrolet in Stockton, ca. He said the only thing you would not be able to have as a option would be the cooled seats because that requires a center console. (209) 565-1923 they open at 8 pacific time. They have been in business since 1944
Man, that's what I call a good, specific answer. Rare enough on the internet these days. Thank you sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins