Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

esbrittain

Reaction score
Well my attempt to order a 23 was not successful, and got rejected. Seems like the luxury package is on constraint for the next 4 weeks plus.

I hope this means they are reserving these MPs for us whom are waiting.
Yikes. I have a ‘22 with a TPW of this week that was not built as of yesterday with the Luxury package. I wonder what this means for me…I already canceled my original order that was built 4/12 and has been sitting since. Was hoping I’d get lucky with this one.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes. I have a ‘22 with a TPW of this week that was not built as of yesterday with the Luxury package. I wonder what this means for me…I already canceled my original order that was built 4/12 and has been sitting since. Was hoping I’d get lucky with this one.
I wouldn't put too much thought on this. No rhyme or reason for some of the nonsense I've seen, heard and read ordering these vehicles. Maybe I am just unaware of how other manufacturers are dealing with this shortage but GM surely can't be among the best handling this matter. Especially when it comes to providing information on where you stand in the process. Don't be surprised if your Tahoe is built that TPW week. Don't be surprised at all I tell ya.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my experience

Built April 13th
Bayed at Midlothian April 14th
June 24th, shipped back to Arlington

So, to update on my previous optimistic post, my vehicle is still in Arlington as of today waiting on parts.

It makes zero sense to ship it back to Arlington just to sit. I would have thought it would have had the parts installed by now, and moved to make room for others. One has to wonder what they are thinking....
Does yours have a window sticker?

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you heard anything?!
Just got a call from my dealer today. Window switch thingy from Ukraine is the missing part. Obviously constrained coming from there. GM has sourced another producer for the part, but is going to have issues transporting truck back to factory and then stopping assembly line to put the part in. That's the latest for me :win:

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well. Add me to the list of waiting on semiconductors. Yesterday exec res team said from her end it looks to be officially ready to ship and today got an email from GM saying waiting on the parts.... I dont think anyone at GM knows what the heck is going on and don't think they really care. Meanwhile, asked the dealer yesterday to check on it and sent her a screen shot of the email from res team.... crickets....

Mharpy29

Reaction score
Well. Add me to the list of waiting on semiconductors. Yesterday exec res team said from her end it looks to be officially ready to ship and today got an email from GM saying waiting on the parts.... I dont think anyone at GM knows what the heck is going on and don't think they really care. Meanwhile, asked the dealer yesterday to check on it and sent her a screen shot of the email from res team.... crickets....
Have you asked where it's located, or a screenshot of it on vinview?

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We Sent a screen shot yesterday to the dealer asking her to check on it and havent heard anything back from her yet...

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out my Tahoe is sitting 22 miles away from dealership and in a lot awaiting delivery to dealership. Able to track it using United Road. Fellow board member shared that some of us may be able to track our vehicles using the vin #. Ultimately you must register to site, once registered you can then sign in using your email address. Just use forgot password after you registered to get an email with temporary password and voila! Can't believe GM chat or dealership couldn't just tell me this. I would've saved them so many calls and time wasted on Chat. I just want transparency. That's it.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out my Tahoe is sitting 22 miles away from dealership and in a lot awaiting delivery to dealership. Able to track it using United Road. Fellow board member shared that some of us may be able to track our vehicles using the vin #. Ultimately you must register to site, once registered you can then sign in using your email address. Just use forgot password after you registered to get an email with temporary password and voila! Can't believe GM chat or dealership couldn't just tell me this. I would've saved them so many calls and time wasted on Chat. I just want transparency. That's it.
Lucky!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474