Metallic Rattle from Front Door area -- Was Bose Tag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had been noticing a metallic/plastic rattle from right front passenger seat area. Of course, this was hard to find while driving alone. It had been getting progressively worse, but also still intermittent.
Yesterday, I noticed that the Bose branding tag on the right front speaker grill was loose. Flicked it a bit w/ my finger and sure sounded like the noise I had been hearing.Tucked a little piece of cloth behind it, and rattle is gone. -- Thank goodness..

Now just need to work a permanent fix, have an appointment at the dealer on Monday for service anyway, will ask them about it -- otherwise I am thinking a couple drops of locktite on it, let it cure, and job done.
Thought I woudl share in case anyone else has this issue.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I hate squeaks and rattles in my cars, you can only beat on the top of the dash so many times.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer yesterday -- parts now on order (entire interior door panel needed to fix). May be a while for parts...meanwhile, small pieces of cardboard tucked behind both sides of the emblem...rattle gone.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer yesterday -- parts now on order (entire interior door panel needed to fix). May be a while for parts...meanwhile, small pieces of cardboard tucked behind both sides of the emblem...rattle gone.
Parts have arrived, appointment a week from Monday (my choice, since vacation intervened) for the fix. Will let you all know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh