Max Tow Orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't mention the Duramax being on your Denali order, so I'm assuming you'll be getting the 6.2L. Keep in mind that without Max Tow, you won't have the heavy duty radiator and your towing capacity is reduced. With the Duramax the towing capacity stays the same with or without Max Tow.

Outside of the 2-speed transfer case, all of the other parts of the package have aftermarket options (trailer pressure sensors and trailer brake controller).

KingJacobo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I suspect (hope) this would be the case for me and others, but there's no certainty and no ability to weigh the cost/benefit inputs and results.
To clarify, the Max tow was dropped and it was delivered without it. Apparently the new 2023 year includes what the previous towing package was, with the max tow package being a beefier package. FWIW.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at Tahoe inventory quite a bit the past several months, relating to Max Tow...seems it is quite rare.

But I ordered an LS with no options other than Max Tow, at the beginning of May 2022, and it arrived at the dealership at the end of June, with Max Tow installed, and I've been enjoying the integrated brake controller ever since.

So yeah, it does exist.

ws pic.jpg

OP
OP
T

TXNJ

Reaction score
You didn't mention the Duramax being on your Denali order, so I'm assuming you'll be getting the 6.2L. Keep in mind that without Max Tow, you won't have the heavy duty radiator and your towing capacity is reduced. With the Duramax the towing capacity stays the same with or without Max Tow.

Outside of the 2-speed transfer case, all of the other parts of the package have aftermarket options (trailer pressure sensors and trailer brake controller).
yes, you are correct. I opted for the 6.2L. And with inflation and passage of time, that 6.2L may just turn into a 12.4L by the time I get it, with a 2 MPG city rating.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on 9/3/22 duramax yukon slt with premium package and max tow 4wd

Current event code is 3000

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suburban has the max tow packages, ordered in may ‘22 built in nov delivered Dec 22, 2022

n4gkj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i placed an order on 11/21/2022 for a tahoe highcountry with only 2 options ...max tow and sunroof....
my vehicle was built on 1/4/2023 and i took delivery on 1/18/2023..
i feel i was lucky....
sticker was $81295... dealer discounted to $78098 + tax/tile/etc

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Fort Worth and it’s been an absolutely frustration trying to get a vehicle. I had a deposit on another vehicle in Dallas and they sold it to someone else anyway. Most of the dealers here either have nothing I want in stock or want to charge an unacceptable upcharge. I ended up putting deposit in on in Arkansas.

OP
OP
T

TXNJ

Reaction score
I saw someone elsewhere on the forum indicated that Max Tow was back on constraint. Has anyone else heard that? I've waited so damn long for it at this point I feel like giving up now would bug me forever. But if it's going to be another 6 months, I will need to concede the battle and drop that option.

HAL9K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^ I just placed an order (in Canada) for Z71 with max tow/Lux/2nd row buckets and my dealer advised that it did not look like any of the options were under constraint. The order has not yet been picked up, however. I was quoted 3-6 months for delivery.

I'm in a similar situation as you, I actually ordered a Land Rover Defender back in August '22 which was supposed to be delivered in December, then April '23 then August '23 so I cancelled that and ordered the Tahoe. I was upfront with my sales guy that I'll do the same if GM screws around with never ending delays and he assured me that they would know if anything was constrained and we could remove it from the build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC