Master cylinder Help Asap!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to change my master cylinder because the old on was leaking air at the reservoir, So the new one come with bleed plugs i bench bleed it and it was hard as as a rock so im sure i removed all the air from it, After installing it i have bleed the brakes literary 5 different times with no air bubbles coming out of the bleed screws And the peddle still drops straight down to the floor, Does anyone know how to fix this?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Keep on bleeding. When i did my 89 sierra, i rmember that i had to bleed quite a few times. Also check your lines. One of my lines had a leak in it that eventually ruptured

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have officially Bleed the brake's on her 9 times, Any outer ideas :c

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you got a new mc take it back. Always buy a new mc not a remaned one for starters. Also make sure your rear drums are mechanically adjusted properly. There has been good results of people using an nbs mc and an adapter bushing for one of the line which should improve your pedal feel when system is normal.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yea also check that rear drum cylinders are not leaking either.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill the reservoir up, crack the bleeder screws, shut the hood and check it tomorrow AM.

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Right i should of told you guys this at the beginning, I already changed the drum brake cylinders not even a month ago, and i changed the master brake cylinder and front brake calipers at the same time, When you are gravity bleeding them do you leave the resovoure carp off the master cylinder? And are you trying to assault me by sending me a autozome videos XD Il keep you guy informed on what happening in the days to come c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thydrick