Main wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I got in my hoe and when I cracked her up she was idling high. I got my food and when I put her in park she was running normal. Had a interview this morning and same thing. Got don't with interview and she was running normal again. That didn't sit well with me. I let the motor cool down and went out to to check everything thinking I might have a vacuum leak, well that's not what it was. It looks like part of my main wiring harness has rubbed on a pice that goes from the headers into the intake manifold and has shorted out some wires. Truck still runs but no way in hell I'm driving her like that! I love my truck to much to let her burn to the ground. Now the question I want to know is, should I just go to a pull-it yard and get a new used wiring harness or just put in patch wires. Any ideas? Witch ever way I do it its going to be a pain.

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone?? Can't have my truck down and tomorrow I got a buddie who can bring me to a pull it yard.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pix..? If its not too bad I'd patch those wires then electric tape, then wire loom and add more electric tape...

Yep, maybe splice them in with some solder if you wanna spend some time on it with some shrink tubing. Depends on how much time you have. Tape up wire loom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's going to be the way ill have to do it. I got a parts yuk that I can get the wire code from. Now just pulling my harness off to where I can work on it.

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finely was able to get a good look at it. How it did not catch fire is beyond me!!!. I am going to have it. Can a wiring harness from a 98 pickup work on a 98 Tahoe? Will I need to get one off a 4x4 seeing how mine is a 4x4 z71??

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the hell do you remove the main wiring harness where it goes into the cab? I got a new one and I don't see how you unplug it!!! Pic or diagram would be helpful.

1tonHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled my inner fender out of drivers side to disconnect my harness. Seems like a pain but it gives great access to the wiring harness, mine had a torx head bolt, theres another section going into firewall on passenger side also. If you pull the glove box out you can disconnect it and remove two screws in engine compartment and remove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160