Magnetic Ride Shocks replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dexmon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2015 Suburban LTZ with 262,000 miles on it. So I go to the mechanic and he tells me my front shocks are leaking. This will be the third time I will have to replace the front shocks on this truck. Is there an aftermarket shock that could replace the Ac Delco shocks that will last longer and give me the same ride quality? The truck is used primarily as a livery here in New York City. I know I put a beating on the truck, but I still feel like these shocks should last longer. It doesn't seem like there's any good aftermarket replacement shocks for the trucks that are equipped with the Magnetic Ride Suspension system.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2015 Suburban LTZ with 262,000 miles on it. So I go to the mechanic and he tells me my front shocks are leaking. This will be the third time I will have to replace the front shocks on this truck. Is there an aftermarket shock that could replace the Ac Delco shocks that will last longer and give me the same ride quality? The truck is used primarily as a livery here in New York City. I know I put a beating on the truck, but I still feel like these shocks should last longer. It doesn't seem like there's any good aftermarket replacement shocks for the trucks that are equipped with the Magnetic Ride Suspension system.
I typically plan on replacing shocks every 80K to 90K on vehicles. If you have gone through 3 sets in 260K, you are not to far out of line with what I would expect myself.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really want to replace with Magnetic again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu