Magneride replacement shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ACDelco OEM replacements are on there too.

Part # 84977478 @ $381.89/ea.
Where did you find them? They’re not in the drop down section for the Denali struts.

That P!sses me off. I would of spent a little extra to get the OEM struts. I just didn’t wanna buy them fully assembled.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a parts number search at rockauto.
well yeah I found it with the part number but I guess Where did he get the part number from to even search

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPO code in the glovebox. Looks like it shows up under Shock Absorbers in the 2015 yukon xl search I did on Rock Auto.
I looked up the SB on the front ones they show.
It would be nice to know if GM actually made the strut last longer than 30-40k miles.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find them? They’re not in the drop down section for the Denali struts.

That P!sses me off. I would of spent a little extra to get the OEM struts. I just didn’t wanna buy them fully assembled.

On Rockauto's website they came up for me as an option in the drop down menu under "Shocks" when searching under 2015 and 2018 GMC Yukon 6.2.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Rockauto's website they came up for me as an option in the drop down menu under "Shocks" when searching under 2015 and 2018 GMC Yukon 6.2.
Oh wow. There’s so many more to choose from in that section. Idk why I only looked through the strut section and no where else.

Skid51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced the leaking front Z95 OEM struts (at 89k mi/144k kms) on my 2016 Yukon Denali with the Luft Meister units. I did all the research on Arnotts, Shocksims, Monroes, Fox, the Amazon knock-offs, and various combinations and realize fully I was rolling the dice with Chinese knock-offs. I didn’t (and don’t) believe for a minute their statements that these shocks are programmed magnetic-rheological like the OEM’s. But I’m guessing, given there have been no dash suspenison error codes, they have built-in resistors that work. So from that perspective its like a bargain Shocksims. The install was easy, even with breaking all the rusty bolts that have survived 7 Rocky Mtn winters, and the electrical connectors hooked right up with no need to use any of the alternate connector parts that came in the box. The ride is much nicer now and I’m not sure I really miss the adaptive nature of the OEM magnaride. Perhaps there is a bit more lean/sway on hard cornering but highway driving is fine. Ride height is spot on. We’ll see if they settle over time but so far looks like LM is _the_ most economical and satisfactory solution.

OP
OP
F

fluxivity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the FCS have been working and feeling great, but now the "check suspension" light is coming on intermittently while towing. Comes on and goes off over the same drive. Gonna drill down on that and see what I can find out.

joshuaryan

Reaction score
So the FCS have been working and feeling great, but now the "check suspension" light is coming on intermittently while towing. Comes on and goes off over the same drive. Gonna drill down on that and see what I can find out.
Wanted to check in and see how the FCS have been treating you. I am currently researching options and came upon these as well. Well priced and in stock

Flyboygt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone has any experience with Strutmasters https://www.strutmasters.com/produc...netic-struts-4-wheel-oe-replacement-kit-gc94f

looking for replacements for the Tahoe that is already assembled, id like the OE ACDelco but they are not assembled.

I dont know anything about Arnott https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=12058285&cc=0&pt=15174&jsn=282
or
Dorman https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=12755305&cc=3434402&pt=15174&jsn=468

am I losing adaptive ride control if i dont use Delcos?

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC