Magnaflow vs Flowmaster - mufflers only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i found one that has the 3" inlet and the 3" outlet so thats fine. my issue is ive got 1 pipe in and 2 pipes out. im guessing i can order a magnaflow thats 1 in and 1 out and the muffler shop can still make it work.

next - what the difference in getting a center in and center out vs a center in and offset out? does it change the sound? which would better suit my needs?

heres what looks like a good deal on a center/offset
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

same guy has center/center, offset/offset for the same price w/ free shipping. thoughts?

Last edited:

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer magnaflow to flowmaster.. personal preference though.. doesn't seem like a bad price

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the FM claasic 40 on mine. Mean as hell when you stand on the skinny pedal. Mellow at idle. A little drone at 2k rpms but with the radio on at 75 I don't hear it at all unless I get on it to pass.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone know if theres a difference as to the outlet being centered or offset to the inlet?

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea they took the aft Y off mine and ran all new 3" pipe all the way back with a 3" stainless tip swept out the side. Looks stock with a little somethin extra.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

anyone know if theres a difference as to the outlet being centered or offset to the inlet?

No it's all in all in the design of the car. They offset it to fit different frame layouts and configs. Between all the cars I've owned I've had all different config offsets and a 40 series is a 40 series.

Reaction score
I have a flow 40 and it sounds awesome. Drone sound isnt bad if your sitting in the front.

I used to work at O'reillys and by far the flowmasters are better then magnaflow. Magnaflows are just cheaper made.

If you were wanting quieter deffinantly go 50 series.

The offset vs. center inlet is basically performance based.

Reaction score
One of the reasons I bought the Yukon was because of the flowmaster. I wasnt gonna buy it because i was looking for a pickup. Then after I test drove it we were gonna go look around more. Then the guy that was trying to sell it to me drove off in it and I was like O YEAH! That thing sounds sexy!

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 40 series flowmasters on my BBC oldschool and magna-flo on my Escalade for daily driver and magna-flo on my Z06. I can say the magna-flo are a bit more tame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210

Latest posts