magnaflow catalytic converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys any of you are using magna flow cats in a 01 Denali ? for some reason their site has 02+ but not 01 ?even ebay has the same thing. they have cats for 5.3 base yukon. what part number should i use for mine?

nikel

Reaction score
one quick note. I have a 98 Hoe and I thought my cats were a restriction problem. To test this I took them off (entire front exhaust section). I then took my shop vac; which will translate a change in air flow to sound (think about when it gets clogged) I used a narrowed adapter for the hose and sucked air through the cat. No change in air flow.

Now I do not know what the newer cats are like, so they may be more restrictive, but new cats are expensive. I would think that headers and a more open catback exhaust are a better investment.

Just my 2cents.

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a restriction like the cats, I can't see how you would see a difference in performance going with Headers. The point of the header is to get the exhaust gases out in a more efficient and free flowing manner. So when you put a cork (Catalytic Converter) right after it, what gains can you get? Seat of the pants dyno doesn't count. I want a dyno chart.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

hey guys any of you are using magna flow cats in a 01 Denali ? for some reason their site has 02+ but not 01 ?even ebay has the same thing. they have cats for 5.3 base yukon. what part number should i use for mine?

If I were you and wanted to replace the cats, just measure the exhaust pipe diameter, which I think is 2.5" (check for yourself) then just buy two of the magnaflow universal cats of the same diameter. I have a 2002 Tahoe and my cats are fairly accessible so the welding shop shouldn't have much trouble.

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock cats have sufficient flow for your mods. Are you replacing because they are spent/damaged?

OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cats were shot thats why i had to change them. i agree u wont notice any gains unless you change your headers. in my situation i noticed some gains due to my clogged up cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam