Lux Amp Upgrade Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe with the Bose non lux system. I plan on replacing the head unit with an aftermarket one. The question is could I swap out the non-lux amp with a lux one also?

Is it plug and play?

I recently installed a Kenwoood DNX692 in my wife's 2005 Denali and it sounds great, I want to duplicate that in the Tahoe. I don't need all the features of that model stereo though and could buy a much cheaper model but the RMS output is half the power of that one. Will that make it sound not as good as the Denali?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe with the Bose non lux system. I plan on replacing the head unit with an aftermarket one. The question is could I swap out the non-lux amp with a lux one also?

Is it plug and play?

I recently installed a Kenwoood DNX692 in my wife's 2005 Denali and it sounds great, I want to duplicate that in the Tahoe. I don't need all the features of that model stereo though and could buy a much cheaper model but the RMS output is half the power of that one. Will that make it sound not as good as the Denali?
I would think the RMS of the new unit wouldn't matter since you're using the Bose amp anyway....I believe my adapter uses the RCA outputs from my aftermarket radio not the high level

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the RMS of the new unit wouldn't matter since you're using the Bose amp anyway....I believe my adapter uses the RCA outputs from my aftermarket radio not the high level

Thanks, so the amp has an output that isn't changed by the amount of input?

What about swapping the lulx amp for the non-lux anyone know if it's just plug in play since I am not using a factory head unit?

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's not plug n play, the harness is the same but i believe the pins are in different positions. tried in a 04 avalanche with bose. hooked LUX amp up but no output.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not plug n play, the harness is the same but i believe the pins are in different positions. tried in a 04 avalanche with bose. hooked LUX amp up but no output.
OK thanks for that info. I know I saw a post on how to swap out both head unit and lux amp. I was hoping just doing the amp would be easy. I'l;l take a closer look and see if I can figure out what needs to be done to swap only the lux amp.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman