LTZ and SLT differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post here as I'm looking to buy an XL SLT or Suburban LTZ in the near future, currently leaning towards SLT for value and styling. Besides posessing an 89 Grand AM for a short time, this is my first GM purchase so this is a big deal!

Besides styling, what are the differences in a loaded SLT vs LTZ? Dealers have no idea, here's what I've observed:

-Power running boards optional on LTZ, unavailable on SLT
-LTZ has magnetic ride. What is magnetic ride and how does it compare to what SLT has?
-Interior cosmetic - LTZ has the same closing cup holder and compartment as Denali.

Ive also seen mention of 2015.5 with changes - does the 8 speed and everything else apply to both SLT and LTZ?

We had an LT Suburban rental for 10 days and loved it, very suprised by the hwy gas mileage. I really look forward to the keyless entry and push start.

Previously and currently having 04 Eddie Bauer and 14 Expedition Limited EL, I was initially planning on holding out until the 15 Expedition drops. (The idea of tuning an Ecoboost is still very inticing)

Lastly - Where's the best deal in Texas?
Thanks all,

Jason

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LTZ has HIDs. SLT only gas halogens. Yes, a $65k truck still has halogens.

8 speed is only on the 6.2 trucks at first, so Denali only now.

You should really be comparing a LTZ Burb vs XL Denali. Denali has the 6.2 with 420hp. LTZ has the 5.3 with 350hp. Get the Denali, it's basically $2-3K more than the LTZ. Well worth it.

I have a modified 2013 Taurus SHO and want the Denali XL over the Expedition EB. The new XL is in a class all by itself.

Check out Laura GMC in STL area. Over 8k off. Gives you a target.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn