Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon_inferno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello-
I am new to this forum, and am building an LSA Escalade setup. I am sure there are some on here but I am still trying to navigate. I have a few questions regarding the setup though- and I figured some of you guys have been down this road.
What I ordered from BoostDistrict:
The LSA kit with
  • Lower LSA supercharger
  • Supercharger Snout
  • Solid Isolator
  • Bypass Valve
  • ZL1 SUPERCHARGER LID*
  • OEM LSA fuel rails*
  • Upgraded Heat exchanger
  • Heat Exchanger pump
  • Truck BELT DRIVE ADAPTER KIT
  • 1/2" HEAD ADAPTER KIT (FROM SQUARE PORT TO STOCK CATHEDRAL HEADS)
  • 850cc injectors
I plan to run E85, and about 8lbs of Boost.
What are you guys using for fuel pumps? I know my current stock pump is E85, so flows more than the gas setup, but I am pretty sure I need more fuel than it can deliver. And if you are using higher flow tank pumps is that adjustable through tuning? I’m not new to building go fast toys, but this setup is new to me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I have no experience in supercharging, and as such cannot help you, but you are correct in that some of the folks here do have that knowledge and experience. They will chime in with their experiences and perspectives.

Good luck on your LSA build!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome!

fuel systems....

fore warning - i left the stock flex pump in place didnt touch it, sumped the tank and threw in a magnafuel 750 (close to 1k hp itself) as a secondary pump. i did this so that i could still use remote start, use the stock pump cruising around and not have to hear the big boy all day, if one dies the other can just be turned on to get home, etc. and i also over kill everything

stock flex pump was good for about 400-450hp on e85, 600ish on 93oct i started having long term issues with running stock injectors over 90% duty cycle. best guess i have for stock pump is about 380lph

i believe the stock fpcm has no problem working with a single walbro 450, but iirc they'll do 550-600hp before theyre out on e85. i think at 8psi you'll be very near that area but its always good to have some buffer.

theres the "hellcat" pump out now, walbro 525lph, havent heard of anyone running one on a fpcm. they draw a lot more amps over the 450 and dont flow that much more.

I would AT MINIMUM do a single 450, and just plan on pretty much max'd out. if you want to come out of the gate over prepared a pair of 450s in the tank is a stout fuel pump set up.... likewise a stock flex pump and a 450 should feed over 800hp easily. i think the stock in tank basket will hold two 450s, run the second one off a hobbs switch (pressure switch)

injectors....850cc to me are right on the edge again, which sucks cause after that they get expensive. you have an inverse relationship for pump and injector. injectors flow more at higher psi but pump flows less at higher psi. 850cc will flow 700hp@ 70psi but a single 450 isnt going to get you there \/ thats walbros pump curve for a 450lph

walbro-450-flow.jpg

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome!

fuel systems....

fore warning - i left the stock flex pump in place didnt touch it, sumped the tank and threw in a magnafuel 750 (close to 1k hp itself) as a secondary pump. i did this so that i could still use remote start, use the stock pump cruising around and not have to hear the big boy all day, if one dies the other can just be turned on to get home, etc. and i also over kill everything

stock flex pump was good for about 400-450hp on e85, 600ish on 93oct i started having long term issues with running stock injectors over 90% duty cycle. best guess i have for stock pump is about 380lph

i believe the stock fpcm has no problem working with a single walbro 450, but iirc they'll do 550-600hp before theyre out on e85. i think at 8psi you'll be very near that area but its always good to have some buffer.

theres the "hellcat" pump out now, walbro 525lph, havent heard of anyone running one on a fpcm. they draw a lot more amps over the 450 and dont flow that much more.

I would AT MINIMUM do a single 450, and just plan on pretty much max'd out. if you want to come out of the gate over prepared a pair of 450s in the tank is a stout fuel pump set up.... likewise a stock flex pump and a 450 should feed over 800hp easily. i think the stock in tank basket will hold two 450s, run the second one off a hobbs switch (pressure switch)

injectors....850cc to me are right on the edge again, which sucks cause after that they get expensive. you have an inverse relationship for pump and injector. injectors flow more at higher psi but pump flows less at higher psi. 850cc will flow 700hp@ 70psi but a single 450 isnt going to get you there \/ thats walbros pump curve for a 450lph

walbro-450-flow.jpg
My single 450 in the stock bucket on -6AN line worked perfect up to 800hp (14psi) or so. I didn't add my second 450 on a hobbs switch till I switched to E85 and now closer to 900-1,000hp. Use a RaceTronix wiring harness to supply the pump with enough power and it will be fine for 8psi. If the OP wants, I have stock LSA injectors that should be good up to 650hp or so but will be stretched on E85 if pushed hard. Do yourself a favor and get 1,000cc right off the bat and pay attention to injector ratings at certain PSI. You want to run 58psi at the rail and make sure the injector is rated for 1,000cc @ 58psi, not 45 psi.

Hello-
I am new to this forum, and am building an LSA Escalade setup. I am sure there are some on here but I am still trying to navigate. I have a few questions regarding the setup though- and I figured some of you guys have been down this road.
The LSA kit with
  • Lower LSA supercharger
  • Supercharger Snout
  • Solid Isolator
  • Bypass Valve
  • ZL1 SUPERCHARGER LID*
  • OEM LSA fuel rails*
  • Heat Exchanger pump
  • 850cc injectors
What are you guys using for fuel pumps? I know my current stock pump is E85, so flows more than the gas setup, but I am pretty sure I need more fuel than it can deliver. And if you are using higher flow tank pumps is that adjustable through tuning? I’m not new to building go fast toys, but this setup is new to me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

What year is your truck? Mine is an 07 and doesn't have a FPCM so it was very simple... Do yourself a favor and keep it as simple as possible. If you're not running bigger cubes or a ported blower/heads then a single Walbro 450 should be just fine. Very easy to drop in place of the stock pump and very reliable . Pump won't be tunable, you would set the pressure at the rail with a regulator and a return line going back to the tank. Use the factory feed as the return line and drill for a bulkhead fitting as the new feed. Set rail pressure to 55-58 psi and forget about it. 8psi on an LSA is very mild so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go look up FasterProms on youtube...he has an LSA setup on his wife's escalade. It pulls tires on stickies on the track. Full build video is on there for ya

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-
The LSA kit with
  • Lower LSA supercharger
  • Supercharger Snout
  • Solid Isolator
  • Bypass Valve
  • ZL1 SUPERCHARGER LID*
  • OEM LSA fuel rails*
  • Heat Exchanger pump
  • 850cc injectors
What year Escalade? NNBS or nbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans