Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok cool so looks like im gonna do a 3/4 like i wanted and drop my new front keys 3, and rear 4. i have 35 series tires on my 24's, im probably going to be rubbing a decent amount? guy at local tire store recommending only going down 2'' in the front. will i have to some trimming? i think he said something about the windshield wiper fluid box needing to be moved a little

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
The 5305 coils are low, will sit at 5" with all the stereo stuff and standard shocks if you pull the isolators. What do your rear shocks look like? BTW those coils are the shit, should ride real nice :cheers:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
BTW leave your rear isolators in.
Thats a myth I debunked, I too mine out when I first installed and it made noise and squeaked, now I out them back and is quiet and at the EXACT same height!!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
How is that debunked? I can take before/after pics of my truck sitting 3/8" lower from removing the coil isolators and they never squeak, just hose the coil bucket down with white lithium grease and nothing will change but the ride height. The spring has less distance between coil buckets after the isolators are removed, thus resulting in a lower vehicle :shrug:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well to be specific, the squeak was next to nothing, could barely hear it. But the noise the coils made was what was killing me, made my truck sound like a Ford Model T with a screwed up suspension.
I measured my isolators and they only measure 3/8", the area that the coils sit in measure .3" becuase they have been compressed a bit.
Under the load of over 2000 pounds it compressed down to around .2", one thing I can tell you right now is that not even the human eye will detect that difference. :Handshake:
For no noise, .2"(if even that) is not anything to me.
Maybe its just on the NNBS trucks it does not make a difference, I'm not the only one who pulled them and did not notice a differnece in it.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I noticed a difference, essentially equal to the amount my springs settled and that was quite obvious.

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5305 coils are low, will sit at 5" with all the stereo stuff and standard shocks if you pull the isolators. What do your rear shocks look like? BTW those coils are the shit, should ride real nice :cheers:

shit i dont want a 5'' drop in the back. i have a 5'' gap currently in the front and 6'' gap in the rear. i wanted just 3'' lower in the front and 4'' lower in the back to make it level. im going to keep my iso's in. and im not sure what the shocks look like in the back

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW leave your rear isolators in.
Thats a myth I debunked, I too mine out when I first installed and it made noise and squeaked, now I out them back and is quiet and at the EXACT same height!!

I wouldn't say it's a myth, especially when others have done it with success. I added some strips of rubber around the top of the coils to eliminate any squeeking, and added more on the driverside to reduce the difference in height caused by the years of driving.

B O S S

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Should sit 4" or a bit lower with the isolators. You may want to buy some airlift helper bags to ensure proper height if you don't want to do the free travel mod, or you can get some 3/4" or 1" spacers but I think the coils should work well if you keep the isolators and do some shorter bumpstops. All depends on the rear shocks to be honest.