Lowering advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. To answer the question above, my ride currently sits in the front 36” and rear 38 3/4” from floor to lip of fender. Looking to maybe drop it 2 in front and maybe 3 in back. My goal is to make it level without making it a low rider.
Thank you Tony for your reply also. The links above actually are two different product lines describing to have the same result. However, there is a significant price difference. One of the kits being yours.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Instagram norcal_ss tons of ones I did will give you more info

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony is stupendous and a great supporter here.

But, you'll have to go with your gut...

Manjit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. To answer the question above, my ride currently sits in the front 36” and rear 38 3/4” from floor to lip of fender. Looking to maybe drop it 2 in front and maybe 3 in back. My goal is to make it level without making it a low rider.
Thank you Tony for your reply also. The links above actually are two different product lines describing to have the same result. However, there is a significant price difference. One of the kits being yours.

It looks good but rides pretty rough.gonna replace shocks and struts to see if it helps out any

I have no experience with the crown lowering kit, I believe the member above has the kit you are looking into on his Tahoe, his feedback is concerning (if it is the same crown lowering kit) maybe PM him for feedback.

I just had the TBS kit installed a few days back, I have noticed no decline in ride quality and the truck sits evenly leveled front and back.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys theres a reason I dont touch crown anymore. I tested all kits out there and dialer in the best riding combo.

I did all the legwork so you dont have to

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So reading the OP it seems you are comparing the 2 kits:

https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=609

http://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering/2015-gm-suv-2/4-lowering-kit/

There are quite a few additional items included in Tony’s kit that after installing Tony’s kit myself I feel are absolutely necessary to dial in the ride height you’re looking to achieve and to maintain the best ride possible.

See how Tony’s kit includes these extra items:
    • My autoride links (if needed for autoride trucks)
    • Rear shorter endlinks which relocate swaybar
    • Rear bumpstops for free travel mod
These are the items you get for that extra $200. You should do some more searching on this forum for why those 3 items are needed When lowering our vehicles. There are an endless amount of threads on those items. Until you figure that out, you’re probably not ready to lower your truck IMO.

I can tell you that the pics of the Tahoe and Escalade on the crown link have more than just rear 4” drop springs and shock extenders installed in the rear. The rear of those 2 trucks aren’t dropped a full 4” either, they’re more like 2-1/2”-3-1/2” which doesn’t get accomplished without a few more components that I do not see included in the Crown kit. Which based on your statement of only wanting to drop the rear by 3” and not be a low rider, you’re probably going to need. If you’re only looking to drop the rear 3” why are you even looking at a 2”/4” kit that has zero rear adjustability.

Also, you should clarify if your Tahoe is an LS, LT, or LTZ, does it have MRC and/or Auto-ride? All of those things can impact what kit you should really be looking to install.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like I said I tested all these kits so you dont have to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts