Lowered Tahoe - too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ConstantNRG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Got the wheels on and lowering done yesterday, after some debate I wound up going with Red02Chevy's advice on the setup and have mixed feelings about it.

The ride is perfect, the install went smooth, but my only issue is it feels too low in the rear. I used the McGaughy's strut cups up front with no spacers which gave a two inch drop, and in the rear I used the Belltech kit with the 1" spacer, which should have given me a 3" drop in the rear but in reality it came down about 3.75".

It looks good but...I'm not in love - it looks a bit saggy in the back. I need to figure out how to get the back lifted up about an inch, thoughts? Wondering if maybe these springs are defective?

I measured it, and drew some straight lines across it, and the rear fender well sits about 1/4" higher than the front, but to the eye it just looks saggy. Maybe because the rear is so big and boxy?

25u1l5c.jpg

b9byog.jpg

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
.75 rear spacer and it will be perfect

(Beat Lee to it lol)

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know maybe its my eyes, but looks pretty damn level.

Looks great to me

Exactly both of these things. Looks great!! You lift it up in the back and you'll have rake and it'll be noticeable. Not that there's anything wrong with that as some people prefer that but just putting in my two cents. I'm a fan of perfectly level :Handshake:

OP
OP
C

ConstantNRG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it is 'level' but i think the issue is because the back of the truck is so big and boxy it makes it looks saggy in the rear.

Inch for inch yes it is level which is great but when you're looking at the truck walking around it - it looks lower in the rear

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know maybe its my eyes, but looks pretty damn level.

Looks great to me

Exactly both of these things. Looks great!! You lift it up in the back and you'll have rake and it'll be noticeable. Not that there's anything wrong with that as some people prefer that but just putting in my two cents. I'm a fan of perfectly level :Handshake:

THIS!

Please don't touch it. It looks perfect

Look at the bottom pic and the bottom of the vehicle in comparison to the bottom red line... it's perfect

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Pop in a .5 spacer and see if you feel better about it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee making everyone feel like saggybottoms... smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n