Lowered rear, arms and brackets vs custom fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bi-polar1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm gathering parts to drop my burban. For the rear ive been looking at the adjustable arms and bracket
relocation kits.
has anyone just made their own axle brackets to move rear axle and correct pinion angle vs just
buying the bolt on stuff?
I'm more than capable, just wondering if theres anything I'm missing or some geometry
that the stuff corrects beyond what ive mentioned?
thank you

mooman

Reaction score
The rear is a solid axle. The angle doesn't change of the incoming driveshaft angle. All of the brackets that I know of, move the shock absorbers down for a bit more travel, the panhard keeps the axle under the car vs shifting it out to one side. The springs brings the axle closer to the body and the control arms are all the same. The shorten sway bar links slides the sway bar link over so it doesn't Conact the panhandle bar. Maybe I am missing the point here.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gathering parts to drop my burban. For the rear ive been looking at the adjustable arms and bracket
relocation kits.
has anyone just made their own axle brackets to move rear axle and correct pinion angle vs just
buying the bolt on stuff?
I'm more than capable, just wondering if theres anything I'm missing or some geometry
that the stuff corrects beyond what ive mentioned?
thank you
The adjustable upper and lower control arms are the ones that move the axle back and correct pinion angle.

The brackets is so that the suspension doesn't bind. As you go lower and lower, then need the arms to recenter the axle in the wheel well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk