Lowered or Lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thejstar

Reaction score
32x12 is as large as you can go with no rubbing on stock ride height, from what i have found. if mine was a 4x4 it would get a 6" suspension lift (body lifts look bad IMO) and 33x12.5

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, the larger the lift, larger tires, possible gear change to compensate. So you could add another $600 pretty quick in gear change alone.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Keys/spacers and 285s or 2/4 drop on 275/55/20 or 285/50/20.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, the larger the lift, larger tires, possible gear change to compensate. So you could add another $600 pretty quick in gear change alone.

I would have thought a lot more than that. With a 4x4 you'd need to do both the front and rear. if you aren't towing you can get by, you just don't have the kick off the line that you did before. Actually you can tow but it wears on the auto tranny. I have 33's on my Ram and have towed a 23' trailer for several years, however, I am starting to toast the tranny so I set the '** up to pull the trailer this year.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, After doing some math for going both ways- (I didn't add a lift kit to the mix YET!)

I came out about $400 Cheaper going with off-road tires. Reason being- I have a friend who's dad can get Automotive X-Performance Gears (Or something like that) FOR about $100 a piece. Wheels and Tires 30% cheaper then anyone else. He said he could help me out.

So It looks like I'm going with 16x8 ARW BAJA's and a 265/75R16. Also reason being for that size tire I took the truck up to 4 Wheel parts and we looked at Several options and a 33" tire is to tall for the truck.

Las questions for you all- Looking at different rims now! Would black look good with my truck? I was told my truck is to dark for black rims? Any opinions?

DSC01040.jpg

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To dark for black rims...? I guess Maxx and the other murdered guys are wrong then lol. I'd go larger than 265, if you can crank the bars or add f150 torsion keys and do a 285 do that. I run 265's on my stock 98 ranger, and it's next set of shoes will be 285's. A full size with smaller tires? Always thought that was silly.

As for rim wise, maybe find something that's has black spokes and chrome center or outer rim, help break it up.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have thought a lot more than that. With a 4x4 you'd need to do both the front and rear.

true, I thought he had a 2 wheel drive, if it is a 4x4, yes, front and rear, then your looking $1200 for gears.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for rim wise, maybe find something that's has black spokes and chrome center or outer rim, help break it up.

+1, black with a chrome lip would look nice. I've always thought that ALL black wheels look best on either an all black or all white vehicle. Since yours is dark blue, I think that black with the chrome lip to set it off would look slick.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it's not a dark issue but a color issue. Black rims look sic on black rides, they also look good on white or even red rides, but I don't think it would go with the dark blue. I'd go a little opposite of what the other guys suggest, more chrome or polished aluminum with black trim, maybe between the spokes or something like that.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of black rims with chrome centers and lips. If your windows are black and you tint your tails it will look kick ass! IMO! :pimp:
And you already have black accents on your truck, Front and rear bumpers, rear vent caps, door handles...........Black the B***h Out!!!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts