Lowered or Lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK,

Im looking at either going with a lifted look OR a Lowered Look.
Not sure which one I want to go with so just wanted to get some opinions and see what you guys think?

Also Heres what I was looking at wheel wise-

Lifted- American Racing Wheels BAJA- 16x8 on BFG's 265/75R16

Lowered- 20" 547 Vision Wheels on (Tires not sure on what though)

All opinions welcomed :Handshake:

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way it sits lowered on your body style and mine

older models and 2 two doors, I really like lifted..just my opinion. If you lower it, a tire choice could be the Yokohama Parada Spec X.

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a small tire for a lifted rig...You could run that stock, I think you (correct me if I'm wrong) can run a 285/75R16 stock, maybe with a little trimming. If you go full on lift with a 4" or larger kit you should be running 33's or 35's. If you do f150 keys and spacers in the rear, you could still run 33's. 02TahoeMD has a rig setup that way.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have clarified myself a little bit more- When I mean lifted look- Like Off-Road Tires/Rims and bumper ECT...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Doing a little bit of math now to see where I will be money wise if I go either way.

More opinions are welcome!

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also running the setup that Al is describing. Ford keys up front, 1.5" coil spacers in the rear, with 285-75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. It does everything I need it to, and it looks great. Note: 285s will not fit very well in stock trim. At the very least, you need to crank your stock keys. I was still rubbing in the right rear until I put the spacers in.

Personally, I think that trucks like these shouldn't be running full-out lift kits. Keys and spacers gives you a beefier look and clearence to run 285s without looking retarded. I think 4"+ lifts on NBS tahoes and yukons looks kinda goofy, honestly...it suits the OBS trucks and SUVs much better IMO.

Here's my setup:

IMG00096.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm a lowered guy, i only like lifted trucks if there running 35's.....lol

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i like both actually... lifted is a little harder to do IMO because its hard to make it look nice, if you go with that lift, i would run a bigger wheel though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts