Lowered or Lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig is pewter like the top 2 pics of yours BlackDenali, that's what I plan on doing rim wise. I love black rims, but a little chrome in there helps break it up, all black only makes sense to me on a white rig or a murdered rig. Or off-road steels....

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rig is pewter like the top 2 pics of yours BlackDenali, that's what I plan on doing rim wise. I love black rims, but a little chrome in there helps break it up, all black only makes sense to me on a white rig or a murdered rig. Or off-road steels....

Yep, +1 on that. Thats the color of my rig, too...Pewter Metallic or whatever the fancy name is. ;)

I saw some slick off road 16x8 wheels at discount tire the last time I was getting my tires rotated, all black w/ a chrome lip. I meant to ask about the price but I was in a time crunch and it slipped my mind. They kinda looked like ATX Mojaves, except powdercoated instead of that teflon finish they use - it was more glossy.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score

its not a rig if its been lowered, its just a car after that. :adminpower:

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, +1 on that. Thats the color of my rig, too...Pewter Metallic or whatever the fancy name is. ;)

I saw some slick off road 16x8 wheels at discount tire the last time I was getting my tires rotated, all black w/ a chrome lip. I meant to ask about the price but I was in a time crunch and it slipped my mind. They kinda looked like ATX Mojaves, except powdercoated instead of that teflon finish they use - it was more glossy.

Yup, Discount tire carries ALLOY ION WHEELS. So does tire kingdom. I got a price on those with Toyo 285/75R16 tires and it came out to $1230 and some change.

You know though it seems that at one time I was told a 285/75R16 Would not fit in the fender wells? That it would rub and you would have to trim the bumper. And then I was told on GMFS that it would fit if my truck is a 4x4 which it is.
Anybody else heard this before?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Rollin Thunder;33319]its not a rig if its been lowered, its just a car after that. :adminpower:[/QUOTE]

:roflbow:[

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a small tire for a lifted rig...You could run that stock, I think you (correct me if I'm wrong) can run a 285/75R16 stock, maybe with a little trimming. If you go full on lift with a 4" or larger kit you should be running 33's or 35's. If you do f150 keys and spacers in the rear, you could still run 33's. 02TahoeMD has a rig setup that way.

Do you have a part # For the Ford keys and the rear spacers?

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I said "MY" rig, and I said the color was the same, not that it was lowered or had rims. It's a 4x4, and won't be lowered, not my thing.

I can't tell you the part number for the Ford keys off the top of my head, a forum search should bring it up. You want the keys out of, or for, a 2000/2001 F150. Spacers can be found on e-bay, 1.5" is the typical I think everyone uses, 2" should work also depending on how high you want to go, though I don't know the safety issues past 1.5. After everything though you will need longer shocks since the stockers will max out on droop. Though if all you do is dd it for awhile I think the shocks could wait, minus to many speed bumps etc. Have to ask someone who's done it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz