Lower my 96 2dr 4wd for better handling?? help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my Tahoe would handle like my old truck, it had a full Hotchkis suspension with Metco LTLs and PH bar. That truck handled like it was on rails. That's whats great about Hotchkis, they specifically matched everything for that kit and made it specifically for that truck. It is not the same for our trucks, not quite sure why. It kind of sucks to be honest.
The other issue with my Hoe is the steering, after a complete rebuild with new AGR box it still is as mushy if not worse than before. I have contacted AGR and they sent me some instructions on resetting/centering the box. Hopefully that will help. I am also going to be doing my balljoints to.
This is all for a 2wd, not quite sure about 4x4s.

custom97

Reaction score
Shackles/hangers

Hey! I have an idea! I will trade you my Belltech front hangers and rear shackles for your stock ones. My 2 dr Yukon was lowered when I bought it and I wanted to go the opposite direction. The only problem lies if it is your DD like mine is. The vehicles would be down while the parts are being shipped. Let me know if you are interested. We could work something out.

Sent you a PM. Do you have pics of the setup? Very interested. . . . . .

95denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sent you a PM. Do you have pics of the setup? Very interested. . . . . .

Tried to respond, but my PM send feature in not in fully operational yet.
Here is what I tried to send:

custom97 said:
U still up for a trade on the shackles and hangers? What is the drop on these?

Yeah I am. I would say the must be 3-3.5 drop because I put in a 3" block and got it back to almost normal height.
These are them: http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Be...-Belltech-Shackle-&-Hanger-Kit-_-Rear/803899/

Basically it is the front hanger and the rear shackle that I would be trading you. Can you have your truck out of commission for a week or two? That is probably how long it would take to ship the parts back and forth. It is my only vehicle so I would need you to pull yours off, send them, I would then pull mine off then send them to you over the weekend. I can send some pics if you want, but I need to take some first. Yours is a 2dr right? The 2dr are different from the rest.

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the project. Just did my 98. I used the DJM 4-4 kit. Worked out well. Had to end up buying the 1" raised shackles for the rear because of the rear being to low!

Truck does handle better. I ended up with a 4 7/8" front drop and 5 3/8" rear with this kit.

Mels98Tahoe001.gif

20111023_101514.gif

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow they can handle better? My truck is super bad at handling. I dontbwant to drop it at all. Good to no tho but i have to send mine in to get the transmission fixed. Yep it went boom boom when they were taking it to the mechanic to get checked out. O well if first transmission went boom then the overhauled one will be like new

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

So what did yall do with the hole that the 4x4 left?

custom97

Reaction score
Shackles/hangers

Tried to respond, but my PM send feature in not in fully operational yet.
Here is what I tried to send:

Yeah I am. I would say the must be 3-3.5 drop because I put in a 3" block and got it back to almost normal height.
These are them: http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Be...-Belltech-Shackle-&-Hanger-Kit-_-Rear/803899/

Basically it is the front hanger and the rear shackle that I would be trading you. Can you have your truck out of commission for a week or two? That is probably how long it would take to ship the parts back and forth. It is my only vehicle so I would need you to pull yours off, send them, I would then pull mine off then send them to you over the weekend. I can send some pics if you want, but I need to take some first. Yours is a 2dr right? The 2dr are different from the rest.

Yeah, still interested in them. But, are these for 2drs? Cuz I couldn't find any hangers for my 2dr. The shackles I can buy but not the hangers. Shoot me some pics if you don't mind. How much of a drop did it give you?

95denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, still interested in them. But, are these for 2drs? Cuz I couldn't find any hangers for my 2dr. The shackles I can buy but not the hangers. Shoot me some pics if you don't mind. How much of a drop did it give you?

Just like the picture you see above. I would think 4-5 inches total. This is for a 2 door which is different than a 4dr because of the frame location. I will get some pictures on my cell phone tomorrow. PM your email and I will send them to you.

95denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hey Gilbert,

My dad landed in the hospital last week. Just got back. I emailed you the pics

CruisinGMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've searched everywhere for 2" drop hangers .No such luck. Anyone have any leads? I don't want to run shsckles. Never been pleased with them and im running lowering keys in the front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e