Low Tech Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just getting started on a low tech audio install after being out of the game for over 20 years.

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha i was trying to do a decent system in my dd car but i was sold the wrong speakers for the rear deck. didn't care enough to do anything about it so i have the speakers from my garage stereo hooked up.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently on Reddit in the car AV section.. skar audio is killing it with price and performance...

Don’t know from personal experience but it’s apparently very popular right now

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your total budget, and what do you want to upgrade?

If you haven't already visited Crutchfield.com, I suggest that you start there, once you've got an initial handle on the above. They have all kinds of aftermarket audio equipment, covering the entire quality/price spectrum. And, they will give you installation advice up front, so that your installation will go as smoothly as possible.
Even if you decide to purchase elsewhere, Crutchfield will serve as a benchmark for you on equipment pricing.

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently on Reddit in the car AV section.. skar audio is killing it with price and performance...

Don’t know from personal experience but it’s apparently very popular right now
Just went on Ebay and looked up just one model of SKAR amp at random and they have sold 60 in the last ten days. Not sure how they can even stock and ship that many. Thanks for the info will check into those.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your total budget, and what do you want to upgrade?

If you haven't already visited Crutchfield.com, I suggest that you start there, once you've got an initial handle on the above. They have all kinds of aftermarket audio equipment, covering the entire quality/price spectrum. And, they will give you installation advice up front, so that your installation will go as smoothly as possible.
Even if you decide to purchase elsewhere, Crutchfield will serve as a benchmark for you on equipment pricing.
Thanks Joe great advise. Already have the new door speakers and a new Alpine to replace the factory radio and some Monster and Stinger Amp wire kits. Got one amp ordered and getting a new battery and alternator next week. Hard to nail down a budget total but looks like a grand before I even press the power button and see the blue lights on the alpine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons