Love my Yukon but come on GM.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon XL, here is a list of things that have , and has wrong with it. Under warranty the Tailgate fell a part, the Sunroof was replaced , the problems now are the code for the gas line , water leaks from the sun roof drain, no elect. start, my mirrors are always in a different position each time i crank, and now I have water leaking in the center front console , and my drivers seat will not work at times.....
This is not my first bad experience with GM I also have a 2000 WS6 with 39,000 miles , and I have had several issue while under warranty and still out of warranty....... GM needs to step up and fix these issues I'm trying to stay faithful but I'm leaning to go back to Ford, or even Dodge.....

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You have those issues, but Lots of others drive for 200k and have no issues. Luck of the draw on who was doing their job on that particular day, unfortunately.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's next vehicle is going to be a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

That's all I have to say about that.

I hope youre not talking about the new GCs.. I had a 2011 and my dad had a 2012.. Lets just say now we have a 2010 Tahoe and a 2012 Tahoe.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope youre not talking about the new GCs.. I had a 2011 and my dad had a 2012.. Lets just say now we have a 2010 Tahoe and a 2012 Tahoe.

If it makes you feel better, I bought one of the first GC's, a full tilt '93, V8, 4X4, etc. I actually sold it instead of pushing to lemon it. I liked it despite it's issues, so 4 years later bought another loaded to the gills '97 figuring the problems had been sorted. That one Chrysler bought back. 2006 Supercharged Range Rover was probably the worst POS I've EVER owned. Most MB's I've had were far from flawless. Point is, everyone has warranty issues. God doesn't build cars.

OP
OP
screamin chicken
Reaction score
Yes Brand NEW, im the only owner, now my drivers seat doesnt move at all at times, and ny mirrors are both moving....WTF:jawdrop:

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate hearing this about nnbs. I spent lotsa time dreaming and looking at 07+ Yukons/Tahoes. I hope these are flukes and they're as reliable as the 96-06 were. My 06 Yukon is wonderful, just like all my GMs.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I've had my 07 for 3 years now with no issues whatsoever. Fast55 hit the nail on the head. Cars aren't perfect and there's bound to be some that have a few more issus than others as fiatdale pointed out. I think the vast majority of 07+ hoes/kons/esky are very reliable. We LOVE our burb and wouldn't have anything else!

AJ847

Reaction score
Stories like this make me worry nonstop about what could go wrong with my tahoe. *knock on wood* nothing so far but the fact that the issues with gm's cars aren't design flaws in each and every unit that can just be recalled but are instead due to shoddy workmanship or labor related and you don't know whats wrong with each unit scares the crap out of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo