Lost Tahoe & Yukon Thief deterrents ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no where is safe it happens everywhere every city, every state, every country, worldwide. there is no place to "move to"
geuss ive just been lucky its not even a concern for me. i only lock my vehicles when im going inside someplace for a extended length of time. been roughly in the same ne Pennsylvania area for about 11 yrs now with no theft issues. they seem to stick to robbing gas stations around here not vehicles. hopefully it stays that way for a while.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's supposed to be able to have additional features like tilt and glass but I didn't really look into it, I had the viper alarm installed like literally the next day after I bought the truck. no factory system will do what the viper will. the factory alarm is still enabled also, adding the viper system does not disable the factory alarm.
as for the other comment above about moving well I could live in bumfuck alaska 200 miles from anyone and I would still want a alarm that's just me I got tired of having my vehicles broken into, no where is safe anymore, I live in one of the best area's in my city, cars still get broken into and stolen every single day, doesn't matter where you live if someone want's what you have they will just take it if they can.
It happens here but usually in just certain areas and when people leave their keys in the car (you would be surprised at how many do this at a store here). I have left my keys in my truck, wallet in there, or unlocked at night several times at my house with little concern. When I have the Cadillac at home it is in the garage with the keys in the ignition all the time. I guess I feel pretty confident that I won't have an issue here. I would also not want a vehicle back that had been stolen so I wouldn't want to be able to track it anyways, just hope it disappears for long enough for me to get a check.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure if the thieves want the vehicle bad enough they will get it. I never worried about. That’s why there is insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My little hamlet has about 4000 people and our neighborhood is a one way in out up on a hill. Last month some loser got into any vehicle they could. You just never know. It’s not so much stealing the truck as the break in that worries me. My buddy’s rig was totaled without being moved.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last month some loser got into any vehicle they could. You just never know. It’s not so much stealing the truck as the break in that worries me. My buddy’s rig was totaled without being moved.

And to this point my mindset about vehicle theft etc. has always been if someone wants to steal my vehicle they’ll figure out a way, no matter what system you have. Also to your point breaking into a vehicle can cause serious damage whether they end up joy riding it, getting it to the chop shop, or not; So once that happens I honestly don’t want it back. This is what insurance is for...

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree but going past the factory alarm system or a basic viper kit to having your vehicle lojacked because vehicle theft is common enough its felt as a necessity. not saying i think you guys are nuts for paying the coin to have it done. just commenting that id probably move if it was that much of a concern. i live about an hour from work about 49 miles and im told im nuts and should just move closer to work. but i like the area i live and i dont mind the drive so to each his own. not trying to insult anyone just making conversation.
You would be assuming that all vehicle thefts happen from your own driveway?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would be assuming that all vehicle thefts happen from your own driveway?
no im not a hermit my vehicles dont just sit in my driveway. well some of them do i have my Tahoe 2 cars and a motorcycle. regardless i still have never had an issue with vehicle related theft. the whole vehicle or stuff out of the vehicle with just the factory theft deterrent devices.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added the alarm system to my vehicles simply as a "deterrent", once you have had your vehicle broken into enough times and it causes excessive damages $1k is worth it, most insurance company's do not cover any non eom radio/stereo equipment or anything else that may have been stolen, some may if you happen to have the receipts but in my case they usually came up with a "disclaimer" that was tossed into the fine print of the policy even with full coverage. so saying "that's what insurance is for" is not always the case unless you have it in writing.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
geuss ive just been lucky its not even a concern for me. i only lock my vehicles when im going inside someplace for a extended length of time. been roughly in the same ne Pennsylvania area for about 11 yrs now with no theft issues. they seem to stick to robbing gas stations around here not vehicles. hopefully it stays that way for a while.
I used to live in E. Burg, on a mountain. I rarely locked my vehicles. Once I put my gun on the roof of the car while getting out, which was parked in front of my house--and left it there overnight! Talk about dumb, and lucky. Was still there the next day. Not sure if that would happen today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan