Lost of rear speakers, and ac vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
Question for the gurus....

Installed aftermarket radio. Lost rear climate/radio control and rear speakers. I knew I would lose radio controls back there obviously, but what’s the deal with the A/c not blowing back there anymore and the rear speakers? What can I do???

The only plug that didn’t get used from the factory radio was the mini usb plug. I thought this was only for the USB port in the console that allowed the iPod connection to the factory radio. Could that plug be what also communicated with the rear audio/ac control module?
When I select “rear” on my front ac controls I can hear air somewhere back there but it’s not coming out of any of the roof vents and none of the ac or radio controls on the rear controls work. Only the lights turn on on it when the headlights are on.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for the gurus....

Installed aftermarket radio. Lost rear climate/radio control and rear speakers. I knew I would lose radio controls back there obviously, but what’s the deal with the A/c not blowing back there anymore and the rear speakers? What can I do???
Who did the install? were wires cut or was a adapter used?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the install. I used the gmos lan 01. No wires cut.....
ok, do you still have the original factory radio? if so I would try plugging it back in just to see if the rear ac controls come back on, the adapter should not affect the controls but I guess anythings possible, there is also the possibility that perhaps a fuse has blown for the rear ac or something became disconnected by accident during the radio install.
so there is a couple things to start with I would pull the radio and check your ac control connections at least if not a fuse.

OP
OP
DAR00GAR00

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
ok, do you still have the original factory radio? if so I would try plugging it back in just to see if the rear ac controls come back on, the adapter should not affect the controls but I guess anythings possible, there is also the possibility that perhaps a fuse has blown for the rear ac or something became disconnected by accident during the radio install.
so there is a couple things to start with I would pull the radio and check your ac control connections at least if not a fuse.
Ok, so you would say I’m correct in assuming the radio wouldn’t have anything to do with the ac controls?
I do have the radio and can try that. Just a pain in the ass lol
Any idea what the fuse for that rear control would be labeled and is it under hood or inside driver door panel?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you would say I’m correct in assuming the radio wouldn’t have anything to do with the ac controls?
I do have the radio and can try that. Just a pain in the ass lol
Any idea what the fuse for that rear control would be labeled and is it under hood or inside driver door panel?
under the hood check fuses # 39, 48, 55
inside fuse panel on drivers side # 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21