Looking to upgrade to a 2017 Denali from a 2012 Eski

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats man, you definitely made the right decision. I have a 2017 6.2 with 8 speed and it’s awesome. I drove the 10 speed 2020 and yes, it’s better, smoother, but once I sat back in my own truck, memories of the differences faded away. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys !!

Here’s a quick pic now that it’s home but I’ll post up some better ones later.

34d2bb090a68b84b8625fd4820200ba9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beef Action

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You made an excellent choice. I purchased a CPO Denali in the same color w/chrome delete. I read many horror stories regarding the 8-speed, however after a lengthy street/freeway test drive I realized I was fortunate enough to have snagged one of the many solid ones that rolled off the line. I haven't been left wanting as far as opting for a '20; differences in the ride were negligible to me. Plus, the savings I got was quite the treat.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beef Action, If you ever have an issue with your 8-speed GM within the last year came out with a special tranny fluid to address most issues.

Beef Action

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beef Action, If you ever have an issue with your 8-speed GM within the last year came out with a special tranny fluid to address most issues.

I have read about that, and even though I've not yet experienced the issues I might just request the fluid flush at the upcoming 30k mile service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907