Looking to upgrade to a 2017 Denali from a 2012 Eski

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the 12. They ride and drive so much better and have a lot less stuff to break.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the 12. They ride and drive so much better and have a lot less stuff to break.

Interesting ......You are the first person that has said anything like this??? Everyone else, on here and others I know personally, were all glad they upgraded.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search around, there are plenty of complaints about the ride quality of these trucks. I’m far from the only person to think the GMT-900’s are better trucks.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely have to check into the transmission tune. I know the 18 with the 10 speed may be better but after talking to a GM service manager friend of mine, I think it will be fine. I looked at the Eski's and the Denali's and there both great but came down to the right price this time.

We went from an 08 Denali to a 12 Eski and now a 17 Denali........

Congrats on the purchase. The 8 speed will be fine. I believe that have most of the issues resolved now. Good luck and post some pics when you get a chance!

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely have to check into the transmission tune. I know the 18 with the 10 speed may be better but after talking to a GM service manager friend of mine, I think it will be fine. I looked at the Eski's and the Denali's and there both great but came down to the right price this time.

We went from an 08 Denali to a 12 Eski and now a 17 Denali........

Congrats man. Enjoy!

Capital City

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can live with the 8 speed. Drove a 18 with a ten speed and it was smoother in around town but on the road no difference. maybe a 2021 in a couple of years. 100K for a new suv is beyond any kind of sense. Get all the recall warranty stuff behind you asap and you will love that thing. I do like the ESC you have for sale. If I could I would definitely have as a second.
I'm in Canada tho so too much hassle. Uhhh your garage floor shines? must be nice. Mine is covered with winter road grime!

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can live with the 8 speed. Drove a 18 with a ten speed and it was smoother in around town but on the road no difference. maybe a 2021 in a couple of years. 100K for a new suv is beyond any kind of sense. Get all the recall warranty stuff behind you asap and you will love that thing. I do like the ESC you have for sale. If I could I would definitely have as a second.
I'm in Canada tho so too much hassle. Uhhh your garage floor shines? must be nice. Mine is covered with winter road grime!

Ha ha, yes the floor shines now but every few days in the winter here, it gets cleaned in order to stay my favorite color .......”shiny”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll post some better pics when it gets home but here’s one for now,

705a781b21971d5f852e177e2ea72ca8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Looks AWESOME!! Excellent choice.

Forum statistics