Looking to upgrade my exhaust system would like help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002_Tahoe_Ls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, was looking to upgrade my stock exhaust system to something louder was hoping i could get some recommendations, also as i'm new to this want to make sure i'm getting all the parts i need.. is the header, y pipe and muffler all i need? Any additional parts? Currently looking at getting the pacesetter long tube headers, pacesetter y pipe on summit racing and not to for sure on muffler any help is appreciated.

2002 tahoe ls 5.3 liter flex fuel

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jason, pretty sure the Pacesetter parts exit in the stock location so just about any exhaust system that suits your fancy will work. I suggest going on youtube and listening the various systems that people and the companies have posted. Check out the local drags or old car hangout too. I'm partial to stock and Flowmaster and Magnaflow. But there's a ton out there, like the Carven and some black widow or something that's popular with guys on this forum, forget the name.

The headers and Y-pipe alone will make it louder and sound more muscular.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just get on youtube and check out somw videos my fav is the borla xr1 muffler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE