Looking to purchase 2015 Yukon SLT w/ 92k miles . What are the main things to look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Paulnyc

Paulnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like your covering all your bases. I would take the Yukon to a good independent mechanic and put it on the rack and check everything from top to bottom just to be sure. But that is just me.
I totally agree. That would be my next step

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it on the highway to see if it has the shudder in the trans (8 speed only).

Also check for the buffeting - do a search to explain it.... only on early 15's

OP
OP
Paulnyc

Paulnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Drive it on the highway to see if it has the shudder in the trans (8 speed only).

Also check for the buffeting - do a search to explain it.... only on early 15's
This truck has 6 speed tranny

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, the buffeting was caused by poor adhesion of the roof sheet metal to the cross frame supports. This allowed the roof sheet metal to have movement which in turn caused buffeting.

OP
OP
Paulnyc

Paulnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, the buffeting was caused by poor adhesion of the roof sheet metal to the cross frame supports. This allowed the roof sheet metal to have movement which in turn caused buffeting.
That’s what I have read in Gmail recalls . It was the roof issue . They been installing dynamat there to prevent it from happening but ppl said it didn’t do much of a change

teddybear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Noise.
Want to buy 2015 GMC YUKON SLT . It has 92000 miles. This would be my first GM. Been reading a lot of mixed reviews on forums and kinda scared to make this purchase. What would be the main things I should look for ? Issues? Is it a good buy? Is it reliable vehicle? I know per Carfax that the radio was fixed on it, rear tail light replaced because of a known issue, ac condenser replaced, windshield repaired and that’s bout it. Any input would be greatly appreciated it . Thanks