Looking for Tuning in Tucson, AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2017_RPMDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the site, lots of great discussions. I am looking for some help on getting a tune and or checking the current tune I have. I live in Tucson AZ.

Here are some details.

2018 ESKY
RWD
Kooks long tube headers
Kooks green cats
Stock air box
Stock muffler - had Corsa on but little to loud for me
Magnuson 2300
Texas Speed stage 2 cam
LT5 throttle body
MSD plugs

One of my issues is erratic idle on start up

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the MAP sensor in the intake? Could be dirty causing the erratic idle. Did you put the LT5 throttle body on it? That could be another source of the erratic idle.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
For all things "tune" related, we recommend getting in touch with Black Bear Performance and look at their contact in the Vendor section.

OP
OP

2017_RPMDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked the MAP sensor in the intake? Could be dirty causing the erratic idle. Did you put the LT5 throttle body on it? That could be another source of the erratic idle.
Gave it a cleaning this pasted weekend, no luck. The LT5 TB was on when purchased

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt the MAP sensor is bad. Is it a 2 bar or 3 bar? I know certain tuners like using the stock 2 bar instead of the 3 bar that came with the magnuson tune.
You don't have any exhaust leaks? Vacuum leaks?
You may need someone to check the current tune to see what the parameters look like at idle. With the number of things changed it's hard to tell what maybe causing it.

OP
OP

2017_RPMDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know if it is 2 or 3 bar, is there an easy way to check? Sorry for the dumb question. I did find a few exhaust leaks, my headers were leaking at flanges, they are in the process of being repaired. See if that helps.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 bar sensor Magnuson supplies is the GM part number that has a red label on it. Should see it on the front of the supercharger. If it's a 2 bar it will have a black label on it. I can't remember the part numbers but can look later this evening.
You can always take it off and check to make sure it's clean.
When you are in drive does it act the same at idle as it does in park? Does the engine want to die?

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site, lots of great discussions. I am looking for some help on getting a tune and or checking the current tune I have. I live in Tucson AZ.

Here are some details.

2018 ESKY
RWD
Kooks long tube headers
Kooks green cats
Stock air box
Stock muffler - had Corsa on but little to loud for me
Magnuson 2300
Texas Speed stage 2 cam
LT5 throttle body
MSD plugs

One of my issues is erratic idle on start up

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I have an ongoing initial start up issue on my 2019 Yukon 6.2 Callaway. I swear it's a fuel rail vapor lock issue but nobody wants to believe me. After a couple of minutes of either idling or driving it clear up and everything is fine.

OP
OP

2017_RPMDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 3 bar sensor Magnuson supplies is the GM part number that has a red label on it. Should see it on the front of the supercharger. If it's a 2 bar it will have a black label on it. I can't remember the part numbers but can look later this evening.
You can always take it off and check to make sure it's clean.
When you are in drive does it act the same at idle as it does in park? Does the engine want to die?
I'll check the MAP sensor this evening. The issue comes and goes. Typically it is on start up, it surges at idle, for like 15-20 seconds then it's fine, but not all the time. I feel like a jack hole when people walk by and upon start up, and it surges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018