looking for Tech2 group buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kherafa Malika

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a group buy for all DIY GM enthusiasts. If anyone is interested please sound off so I can get a head count and propose a discount code through obdii365.com with the interested buyers list. I really want one and if we can get a large number we might get a nice discount. I saw on another forum where a group buy of 10 units got them for $199 plus shipping (regular price is $269, now each saves $70).

I mean the carton box pack, we don't need the stupid plastic box for an extra $50.

The vendor has given me 15 days to finalize the order. Please share any question or concern so we can address it to the vendor. Thanks guys!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a group buy for all DIY GM enthusiasts. If anyone is interested please sound off so I can get a head count and propose a discount code through obdii365.com with the interested buyers list. I really want one and if we can get a large number we might get a nice discount. I saw on another forum where a group buy of 10 units got them for $199 plus shipping (regular price is $269, now each saves $70).

I mean the carton box pack, we don't need the stupid plastic box for an extra $50.

The vendor has given me 15 days to finalize the order. Please share any question or concern so we can address it to the vendor. Thanks guys!
Hey! I like my $50 stupid plastic box! LOL

What are you driving?

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I have to keep the GM online programing software for this? I'm interested in this, but I don't fully understand what all the additional software is for and if I even need it. Just not experienced with one of these. Can someone give some insight?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I have to keep the GM online programing software for this? I'm interested in this, but I don't fully understand what all the additional software is for and if I even need it. Just not experienced with one of these. Can someone give some insight?
No. You only need to connect to the internet if you intend to program modules whether it be an update or a new install. I went four years before I needed to program with mine and use it nearly every day.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why bother with the Tech2 as its out dated, doesnt work for anything past 2013, and the MDI is the same cost (if not cheaper) and does the same thing?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why bother with the Tech2 as its out dated, doesnt work for anything past 2013, and the MDI is the same cost (if not cheaper) and does the same thing?

So that does the same things and will also work on my 2019?

EDIT: Everything a Tech 2 will do, including the 2019....

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I am understanding it, yes. MDI is currently being used at the dealership level.

But I think MDI or GDS/GDS2 require a subscription..

I am still researching that bit of kit.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I am understanding it, yes. MDI is currently being used at the dealership level.

But I think MDI or GDS/GDS2 require a subscription..

I am still researching that bit of kit.

Keep me posted on your findings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224