looking for Tech2 group buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, the thread is kinda scammy.

This exact post showed up on another GM forum I am a member, from a new member also.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep me posted on your findings.
Had a conversation with a friend that knows a lot about the Tech2 stuff..

He says he believes that the subscription is only needed if you are programming, as that is what requires the internet connection. Otherwise it would work like normal. So you would pay for the one month you are programming something, and let it expire until you needed it again.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Had a conversation with a friend that knows a lot about the Tech2 stuff..

He says he believes that the subscription is only needed if you are programming, as that is what requires the internet connection. Otherwise it would work like normal. So you would pay for the one month you are programming something, and let it expire until you needed it again.
This is correct.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Why bother with the Tech2 as its out dated, doesnt work for anything past 2013, and the MDI is the same cost (if not cheaper) and does the same thing?

True but for those of us with 2007 and older vehicles in the stable the MDI does not cover them so the tech2 is needed.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The beauty of programming NBS modules is that it can be done with the right computer OS (virtual or native WinXP) and TIS2000. No subscription or internet needed for any of that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a group buy for all DIY GM enthusiasts. If anyone is interested please sound off so I can get a head count and propose a discount code through obdii365.com with the interested buyers list. I really want one and if we can get a large number we might get a nice discount. I saw on another forum where a group buy of 10 units got them for $199 plus shipping (regular price is $269, now each saves $70).

I mean the carton box pack, we don't need the stupid plastic box for an extra $50.

The vendor has given me 15 days to finalize the order. Please share any question or concern so we can address it to the vendor. Thanks guys!
so....you make an account 3 years ago, and 3 years later your 1st post is about grabbing a bunch of money from a group of people whom you do not know and they do not know you. totally legit dude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094