Looking for smoother ride in 07 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattmerdian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a 07 Yukon XL 1500 2WD, standard suspension (no air ride) with 123k miles. It's in great condition but I feel after 123k miles it needs an upgrade on the suspension.

I'm not looking for a lift or a drop... I like the ride height, however I do want a smoother ride. I do not go off-roading whatsoever... Live in Florida so no adverse weather, snow, etc.

What I mean by that is I do a lot of highway and in town driving and want it to be as unnoticeable as possible...

There are time where I ride in the back while working on my laptop and I need a smoother ride.

What suggestions do you have for new shocks/struts? I've looked on EBay and there appears to be a lot to choose from but I would be blindly buying - bad idea!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they make them for your vehicle, I HIGHLY recommend Edelbrock IAS shocks. I had them before and they are absolutely amazing and worth every penny!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a drop on my truck, but I just replaced the rear sway bar links with poly bushing ones, and, man, the ride is a lot better (and better than stock).

Seems that the links let the shocks and sway bar work properly now.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i just did a 74 year old guys 08 xl yesterday. Email him [email protected] and i lowered his other truck few years ago. Belltech street performance front and rear shocks and he loves it and its stock height. Ill let him tell you about the ride.

Speedy188

Reaction score
I have a drop on my truck, but I just replaced the rear sway bar links with poly bushing ones, and, man, the ride is a lot better (and better than stock).

Seems that the links let the shocks and sway bar work properly now.

Where did you get the poly bushings and sway bar links?

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock Height 2007 Yukon SLE

I am probably going with a set of Bilstein shocks, either the 5100 or HD like I have on my 03 Z71 Tahoe.

And the Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit..

I think that should tighten it up a bit, improve cornering etc. without lowering the vehicle..

I do not want to lower it as I go on location in the oil patch frequently & need some cleaance.. also, I am running Yokahama Geolander AT/S 265/70 R 17 tires. so not much road race cornering.. although they stick like glue in the wet...

Like the OP, I am on the Texas coast so no snow etc., just wet & sometimes muddy..

comments on the 5100 vs the HD Bilsteins ???

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only experience with the Bilstiens is on my Excursion. I hated them. Bouncy from 5K miles. I paid $$$ a lot for them too.

I have had 2 Suburban Z-71 loaners though......... I LOVED the ride in them, I know they have Bilstiens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn