Looking for GM wheel locks in black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya even they had a extra side on them or something a different sized socket likely work or a piece of metal inserted on one edge.
it "might" stop some one in a hurry but that's about it.
I have these and a regular socket would not take them off, nor would your suggestion of the metal piece. The top lug portion is a chrome cover that can spin and is not how the lock tightens. That being said, a determined individual could get them off but they match the OEM nicely and unless you know what you are looking at, you cannot distinguish the lock from the others.

OP
OP
K

kerlyb

Reaction score
ya even they had a extra side on them or something a different sized socket likely work or a piece of metal inserted on one edge.
it "might" stop some one in a hurry but that's about it.
Can't remove these GM wheel locks with a conventional socket or vise grip wrench...the hex head spins freely. If you look at the key socket, the "ridges" insert onto base of each nut for removal. The "ridges" are also unique to each wheel lock set.

Of course wheel locks in general are never 100% secure...just designed to deter or slow down thieves.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have these and a regular socket would not take them off, nor would your suggestion of the metal piece. The top lug portion is a chrome cover that can spin and is not how the lock tightens. That being said, a determined individual could get them off but they match the OEM nicely and unless you know what you are looking at, you cannot distinguish the lock from the others.
that makes them more useful then

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't remove these GM wheel locks with a conventional socket or vise grip wrench...the hex head spins freely. If you look at the key socket, the "ridges" insert onto base of each nut for removal. The "ridges" are also unique to each wheel lock set.

Of course wheel locks in general are never 100% secure...just designed to deter or slow down thieves.
try looking by adding a number or subtracting a number to the last digit of the gm part number so if it ends in 8 make it a 9 or a 7, sometimes gm makes parts of the same type and just changes the last number

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My service guy sez the shop has a special shaped tool they hammer onto the locking nut and then remove it with a long bar. I’m sure the thugs have the same tool.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some in Canada. Assuming it’s the same: #85105299

Edit: just checked and they’re discontinued?

OP
OP
K

kerlyb

Reaction score
I ended up going with the Advanced Wheel Locks. Can't see how any thief could remove these. Also nice to know Made in USA.
AWLocks2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts