Looking for at Cat-Back systems ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If no drone is what you want, Corsa is the one you want. Even if you put headers on it you won’t get any drone.

Flowmaster is absolute garbage. Magnaflow is ok quality wise but I’ve never liked their sound on a GM V8. Borla sounds ok but has a little drone. I’ve never heard Any Gibson in person so I can’t comment.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seriously considering the Corsa exhaust for my Tahoe. I see you like it. How much louder is it at cruise? I don't want to set off every car alarm in the parking garage.

Cruising the exhaust has a nice subdued rumble And being a suburban i don’t hear it on road trips, full throttle is plenty loud but wont set off alarms. Cold engine startup has a good loud idle but only for a few minutes while the engine warms then it gets pretty dang quiet once warmed up. Daily driving around town is no issue either.. it does sound pretty unique though.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a similar question, but asked if anyone had experience with the stainless JBA catback exhaust. I myself would love the Corsa system. They, as far as I'm concerned make the most "drone" free exhaust out there. I ran Borla and numerous others on 4th gen F-bodies (Camaro and Trans Am's) and they literally made the best sounding system around. My last 4th gen was a convertible and you could carry on a normal conversation with the Corsa. I would compare their exhaust to a musical instrument where as the others are not as refined in regards to "pitch". But again, that's just my opinion.... and it's an old opinion since it's been years since I've owned one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA is 409 stainless... so it is a lower quality than most. I assume without looking that Corsa is 304 throughout.

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a similar question, but asked if anyone had experience with the stainless JBA catback exhaust. I myself would love the Corsa system. They, as far as I'm concerned make the most "drone" free exhaust out there. I ran Borla and numerous others on 4th gen F-bodies (Camaro and Trans Am's) and they literally made the best sounding system around. My last 4th gen was a convertible and you could carry on a normal conversation with the Corsa. I would compare their exhaust to a musical instrument where as the others are not as refined in regards to "pitch". But again, that's just my opinion.... and it's an old opinion since it's been years since I've owned one.

Hey there you seem to know a lot about borla . I just slapped a pair of long tubes on my 5.3 and now have the nasty loud raspy clap at around 2500 rpms. Wondering if you think borla muffler would help deepen the sound and harmonize the exhaust note?

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there you seem to know a lot about borla . I just slapped a pair of long tubes on my 5.3 and now have the nasty loud raspy clap at around 2500 rpms. Wondering if you think borla muffler would help deepen the sound and harmonize the exhaust note?
I couldn't say for sure. I know Borla offers quite a few more mufflers now than in the past. I would suggest a Corsa as they are amazing at taking away any awful droning sounds, however they don't sell a muffler by itself. I was told that their mufflers are tuned specifically to the exhaust application (length of pipe etc), thus the reason it is only available in a Cat-Back system. I do like borla products though. I'm not sure if they have a more quiet series that will help deepen the sound and remove the unwanted noise you are experiencing. I am sure any borla muffler will enhance the sound though, but it'll probably be a lot louder. Someone else may be able to chime in with their experience and have a specific model of borla muffler to suggest. Good luck!

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't say for sure. I know Borla offers quite a few more mufflers now than in the past. I would suggest a Corsa as they are amazing at taking away any awful droning sounds, however they don't sell a muffler by itself. I was told that their mufflers are tuned specifically to the exhaust application (length of pipe etc), thus the reason it is only available in a Cat-Back system. I do like borla products though. I'm not sure if they have a more quiet series that will help deepen the sound and remove the unwanted noise you are experiencing. I am sure any borla muffler will enhance the sound though, but it'll probably be a lot louder. Someone else may be able to chime in with their experience and have a specific model of borla muffler to suggest. Good luck!

I don't think it will make any louder bro i forgot to mention i am currently running the dreaded little flo master super 10. Sounds good at idle but too much of a high pitch scream at wide open throttle.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will make any louder bro i forgot to mention i am currently running the dreaded little flo master super 10. Sounds good at idle but too much of a high pitch scream at wide open throttle.
I think you would definitely see an improvement then. I think the ProXS will give a nice tone.

Borla also has a newer Crate series muffler that I would be curious about. They are a directional flow.

https://www.borla.com/products/mufflers/cratemuffler/chevy/#

Good luck!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Maganaflow system over 18 months ago. I added headers about 2 months later. I am very happy with it. No overwhelming drone but a nice rumble when you get on it. I guess it's a matter of choice. Id' def get a Maganaflow exhaust for my 2015 Escalade.

Russ Giles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed the Magnaflow cat back on my '15 yukon XL Denali (Model 19040)
Sounds great, nice low rumble, roars to life when the pedal is down
Feels better off the line with a stronger throttle response when combined with the K&N filter installed
Fits perfectly, looks great under the car.
included the passive flapper valve for the v4 mode (was not in the product description FYI)
Only concern is the exhaust tip is huge 5" and hangs lower than stock .
Will upload before and after cold start sounds soon.

20210203_120228.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut