Looking for a rear cargo shade in blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I am looking for a rear cargo shade for my 99 OBS. I have looked on ebay and craigslist with no luck. Is is called something different? Where else would be a place to look? Thanks fellas.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There's a member here who's selling one, but it isn't blue. Imo they're rare, so you could always dye it.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think I would want to dye anything if I can help it. Another color may work if I can't find a blue one. I am going to check some local junkyards. I have had two other Tahoes and used to have one just sitting in a corner. But I put in a yard sale a few years ago thinking it was just taking up space and I would never need it....Doh!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely, the junkyard is your best bet. Check car-part.com as a lot of salvage yards are on there and post photos of the vehicles. Search for a generic part like a hood or door or seat and you can get better results.

Alternately, this site has the old GM part numbers which can assist when searching for (discontinued) parts on eBay and the like:

You cannot buy anything from them, but they show the gray as a paint to match. I can’t even imagine painting that.

Note the part numbers in the far right column - they skip a few and most color variants were just one digit off of the others. It may be something to look into - adding or subtracting “one” to the part number and seeing if you get a hit for a blue shade.

BEF3FBA8-0C69-46AA-84B5-55044377496C.png

E3CB23AC-08E3-46EF-A8FE-41C0130752EE.jpeg

For that site link, you’ll need to know the model numbers, especially for a two and four door Tahoe versus Suburban. You probably know the C and K prefix (2 vs 4WD) but here’s a quick primer on the rest of the numbers. I hope this helps.

5D6A9202-F7EE-4679-9FD5-D63BF818F9D5.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That will come in handy. I found a tan one for $50 plus shipping last night. Seems like a good price but I am going to hold out for a couple weeks to try to find the blue.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That will come in handy. I found a tan one for $50 plus shipping last night. Seems like a good price but I am going to hold out for a couple weeks to try to find the blue.
I'd buy or--just in case. They're getting more rare every year, and you might not find another one any time soon.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy or--just in case. They're getting more rare every year, and you might not find another one any time soon.
Thought about it, but I really only want it to complete the interior. Everything else in the truck is original for now. I am putting a new stereo in next week probably and will be looking for a different console too. I know I won't get another console with cup holders in blue, but I will have to live with that. Other than getting a dash overlay and recovering/repadding my seat, the interior will be complete. I do need to paint the hood and roof, but that may have to wait until next year.

mfeveleh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title says, I am looking for a rear cargo shade for my 99 OBS. I have looked on ebay and craigslist with no luck. Is is called something different? Where else would be a place to look? Thanks fellas.
Cargo Area Security Shade - GM (22964397) try that I searched with retractable security cargo pull shade. In my Tahoe I cut some 1 1/2 x 2 and made a "checker board" shelf so I could pack more stuff.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cargo Area Security Shade - GM (22964397) try that I searched with retractable security cargo pull shade. In my Tahoe I cut some 1 1/2 x 2 and made a "checker board" shelf so I could pack more stuff.
The shelf idea may be nice. do you have a photo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094